After we put our appetite in the nail, now the piglet is in power. We have fresh meat slaughtered in the household. Sage is a very suitable spice with pork. It's as if I use sage with even more pleasure with the thought of the two beautiful bushes in the garden. I saw the trick with the mashed potatoes at the cute Jamie Oliver. I tried it and I liked it.
"Goodies for Christmas"
- 1.5 kg ribs and fresh pork neck
- 1.5 kg of boiled potatoes in shell
- 100 ml oil -optional
- 2 garlic caps
- 2 tablespoons pepper paste with celery - own production
- 2 teaspoons pepper jam
- 2 tablespoons dried and crushed sage
- 2 stems of dried basil
- 1 small bunch of green parsley
Preparation time: less than 60 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Pork ribs and neck with sage and mashed potatoes:
- Portioned pork is placed in the pan.
- Add salt and pepper and put on top of the pepper paste and hot pepper jam.
- Garlic caps are cleaned of the mustache, washed, cut in half and placed in the tray.
- Sprinkle with dried sage, add the basil and pour over the oil and hot water to cover the meat.
- If you notice that you have fatter meat, stop adding oil, it will release enough fat.
- Bake the meat at 200 degrees until it starts to brown.
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes. Put the potatoes in the pan and lightly crush them with a fork or a stainless steel spatula.
- Turn the meat over and place it over the potatoes.
- Set the temperature at 280 degrees full grill.
- In 5-10 minutes you get a red rib.
- Supervise the baking carefully because there is a risk at this high temperature of 280 degrees to choose a "too tanned" dish.
- Taste and salt / pepper if needed.
- Sprinkle over chopped potatoes with plenty of chopped green parsley.
- Serve with your favorite pickles.
Supervise the baking carefully because there is a risk of this high temperature of 280 degrees to choose a preparation "too tanned".