I got the chicken ready cut and cleaned..thank God !!! How much fun it was if they let me cut the chicken (which I have never done before) and then sit with it over the fire to burn the last feathers :)) But no, I didn't went through something like that ... I received it cleaned and washed nicely, ready to party - the poor man didn't know what was waiting for him.
There is not much to do. We take the lemon and wash it well, we rub it with the wire sponge, if you have organic lemon it is not the case to go to these extreme measures. Peel the onion and garlic, wash and cut them into 4. In a bowl, mix the spices: paprika, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Prepare an oven tray, which can also fit the normal chicken, and turn on the oven at 190 degrees.
We prick the lemon with a toothpick from place to place, then we put it whole in the chicken, we add the onion and the garlic. We tie the chicken with a string of legs, to make sure it can't run away, then we rub it on all sides with the spice mixture prepared earlier. Place it nicely in the pan, pour water, cover with foil (or lid) and put in the oven. For an hour we leave it so covered, to combine all the flavors and to penetrate the chicken, after which we take the foil (lid) and leave it for another half an hour. While the chicken is uncovered in the oven, make sure to sprinkle it from time to time with the sauce formed in the tray, this way it will not dry too much and will color nicely. Ours turned out to be completely red and fragile, although it was a chicken and you will probably think that it is more addictive.
If you decide to make this recipe, you can also use purchased chicken, and if you use it at home, make sure it is younger, but still has some meat on it :))
For the garnish, we prepare some crispy potatoes, also in the oven. Boil the potatoes, cut into 4, in salted water for 10 minutes. We drain them well.
Prepare the spice mixture in a larger bowl this time: breadcrumbs, sesame, paprika, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the potatoes with olive oil, then roll them in spices and put them in the oven on high heat (220 degrees) for 15-20 minutes, on the grill if you have this option, if you can't and without, on the right step. above the oven.
While the chicken was cooking, I couldn't resist the temptation to make some baked peppers, and I slipped a few next to it. They were only good next to chicken and potatoes, they were as they say ... they made the food slide better on the neck :))
P.S. If it seems to you that the chicken has a rather indecent position ... know that it just seems to you! : P
Baked chicken legs marinated with yogurt, garlic and tomato juice
Baked chicken legs marinated with yogurt, garlic and tomato juice. Chicken legs on a simple recipe tray. Baked chicken hammers with tomato sauce, yogurt and garlic. How to marinate chicken legs? Baked chicken recipe with garlic and tomatoes.
There are many recipes with chicken legs but this is a special one. They are the best baked chicken legs! A steak with red and tender legs, with garlic flavor. I did these Baked chicken legs marinated with yogurt, garlic and tomato juice applying the technique used in Pork steak recipe on the tray & # 8211 see here.
About the benefits of marinating meat I told a lot here. The marinated meat is tender and impregnated with the aromas of the marinade. In this case I made a marinade of yogurt, tomatoes, garlic and spices. Marinating can take between a few hours and a few days, depending on the type and size of the pieces of meat.
The chicken legs are tender so do not require more than 10-12 hours of cold marinating (refrigerator). If you hurry hard you can speed up the process, reducing it to 2-3 hours, by marinating at room temperature. The chicken legs will be impregnated with the great aromas of the marinade and it will turn, by baking, into a delicious sauce. Both canned tomatoes and yogurt are acidic components that distort proteins by starting to "cook" them before they reach the oven.
In this recipe it is recommended to use chicken legs with skin and bone. They can be whole or sectioned chicken legs: upper legs and lower legs (hammers). Under no circumstances does the meat grow because through those cuts its juices will drain and it will dry out! Bone is a good conductor of heat and cooks meat from the inside.
From the quantities below we obtained approx. 6-8 servings of Baked chicken legs marinated with yogurt, garlic and tomato juice.
Bake with provolone
We cut the chicken breast into strips, then sprinkle it with olive oil and season it to taste: salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic, aromatic herbs. Let the meat marinate for at least an hour, then fry it in the pan until it is nicely browned.
We mix the tomato pulp with salt, pepper and aromatic herbs. We fry the spinach in a little olive oil, together with the garlic passed through the press or finely chopped. 2-3 minutes are enough until the spinach is soft. All we have to do is assemble the casserole. Grease a heat-resistant dish with butter. We put the chicken. Then a layer of spinach, then a layer of tomatoes. Put provolone cubes on top. You can put the cheese on the grater. Put everything in the oven heated to 180 & degC. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until provolone melts and begins to brown.
The chicken casserole is served hot, to enjoy a provolone that stretches beautifully and is delicious. Good appetite!
How do we get a fragrant and juicy chicken steak?
For a chicken with 40 cloves of super fragrant garlic, it is good to leave the chicken to marinate for at least an hour, but best overnight. The longer you leave it, the more flavor it will have. Garlic cloves are placed in the tray whole, uncleaned. In this way they do not burn, but soften and become sweet. When the chicken is ready, just peel the garlic and serve it with the meat and the cartridge. You can also mash the onion, the sauce in the pan and the garlic to get a flavorful sauce. Put on top of the chicken, it's just amazing. Potatoes are not mandatory in the recipe, but I like to put them to have a garnish, especially since my family loves potatoes.
This chicken with 40 cloves of garlic is put in the oven to start covering the tray. In this way the chicken acquires the aroma of herbs and garlic. After an hour, you can remove the foil and let the meat and potatoes brown nicely. This can take 30-40 minutes, even an hour, depending on the oven. Check the chicken by piercing the chest with a knife. If the juice comes out clean, the chicken is cooked, if it's pink, it still needs to be cooked. You can serve it with salad and necessarily with a hot sauce or with any other sauce you will like. I assure you that it will be the best chicken recipe you have tried and that you will make it again and again! Good appetite!
For starters, a recipe will be prepared for this spice mixture, to grease the chicken, namely: put it in the kitchen blender butter (at room temperature), along with paprika, coriander, pepper, oregano, lemon juice (or grated peel) and a few cloves of garlic (4-5 cloves, the rest will be put in the pan, for the chicken flavor steam), mixing for 2-3 seconds.
Chilled whole chicken, taken out of the fridge, it will be cleaned of any tiles, washed, dried with an absorbent kitchen towel, and then greased with the mixture of spices (inside, outside and under the skin of the chest).
a beer bottle (500 ml), half filled with water or left with half beer, will be put whole seasoned chicken (to be standing), and in a square tray (30/30 cm), in which it was added dry white wine, thyme sprig (for flavor) and garlic cut into slices or left whole dogs (for flavor), put the bottle with the whole chicken to cook.
Tray, will be put in the preheated oven at 190 degrees for about 90 minutes (During cooking, the chicken will be sprinkled with a spoon, with the sauce in the pan), until it turns brown, juicy and tender.
Candy in a calendar box
Chocolate fruit bouquet
Box of 4 chocolate hearts
After cooking, the chicken will be carefully removed from glass (with the help of two large forks, special for steaks), to be placed on a plate, served individually on flat plates, with sauce in the pan and optionally with a garnish mashed potatoes, rice, sauteed vegetables etc & # 8230
Ingredients fried chicken according to the cold oven method
- 1 vegetarian chicken of 1.7 kg
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 sprigs of fresh basil
- 1 bunch of fresh thyme
- 1 sprig of green onion, with leaves
- ½ lemon
- 35 grams of butter
- 15 ml. olive oil
- salt and pepper
Basic rules for the success of the recipe
For the success of this simple recipe, which has an exceptional result, we must follow two very simple rules:
A. The chicken should be brought to room temperature, removed from the refrigerator at least 2 hours before cooking.
B. The oven thermostat is working properly. By this I mean that, if we set a certain oven temperature, we can be sure that the oven has the same temperature. To make sure we have a well-calibrated oven, we can use an oven thermometer. If the set oven temperature and the thermometer display coincide, it is certain that the oven thermostat is working correctly.
How to prepare fried chicken to perfection & # 8211 cold oven method
Preparation of spicy pasta and seasoning the chicken
This recipe for fried chicken according to the cold oven method mainly refers to a technique of cooking chicken in the oven. The way the chicken is seasoned can be different, depending on your preferences. I seasoned the chicken that I prepared in this way with a butter flavored with greens. Following this technique, however, you can cook seasoned chicken as everyone prefers.
1. I put in the container of a chopper butter, green onions, thyme and basil, cut larger than a knife and 2 cloves of garlic. I added 1 teaspoon grated coarse salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
2. I added the butter and olive oil and mixed until I got a fragrant paste, like a fine ointment.
Here are two more suggestions for seasoning this fried chicken:
- Prepare a paste of 40 grams of duck lard, 3 cloves of crushed garlic, 1 teaspoon grated sweet paprika, 1 teaspoon grated cumin, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper and 1 teaspoon grated salt.
- Blender 2 green onions, grated lemon peel, 1 tablespoon chopped green tarragon, 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, 1 tablespoon chopped green basil, 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary, 30 milliliters of oil of olives, salt and pepper to taste.
Grooming and seasoning the chicken
3. Once I finished preparing the seasoned butter with which I tasted the chicken, I focused my attention on the chicken. I burned with a kitchen torch all the traces of plumage left on the skin. Next, I carefully wiped the chicken, with paper towels, inside and out.
4. Carefully, with my fingertips, I detached the skin from the chicken's chest. As much as possible (as far as possible) I detached the skin from the upper thighs as well. I greased the chicken well with the flavored paste under the peeled skin. I insisted on the chest, where I distributed about cu⁄3 of the butter with prepared greens. The butter will protect the weak meat of the breast during cooking, preventing it from drying out excessively.
5. I greased the chicken well with the seasoned butter inside. I put two whole garlic cloves in the cavity of the chicken ½ lemon. During cooking, the lemon will generate steam, which will gently cook the chicken from the inside. I ran the ends of my legs through the "buttonhole" cut into the chicken's skin and closed the cavity again.
6. I greased the chicken with all the remaining green butter and placed it, chest up, in a heat-resistant dish of the right size, neither too big nor too small. Optionally, it can be seasoned additionally, I sprinkled a little coarse salt on the skin.
Cooking the chicken by the cold oven method
7. The ready-seasoned chicken, placed in the pan, is placed on a medium height in the cold oven. Turn on the oven and set it at 180 ° C, ventilated. To determine the optimal cooking time for our chicken, we calculate 50 minutes of cooking at 180 ° C for every 1 kg of chicken + 5 minutes for the final browning, on the grill function at 190 ° C. For the chicken I used, 1.7 kg, that means = & gt 01:25 H + 0:05 H = 1:30 H. In the first half, we do nothing. We divide the last half of the cooking time for this fried chicken by the cold oven method into three equal stages, turning the chicken from one side to the other after each one.
8. Here's how I did it: after the first 45 minutes, with the help of a long spatula and a solid fork, I turned the chicken upside down. I continued cooking at 180 ° C.
9. After another 15 minutes, I turned the chicken upside down again. The temperature setting does not change.
10. After another 15 minutes, I turned the chicken upside down again. After another 10 minutes, I turned it upside down again, raised the temperature to 190 ° C and set the oven to grill function. I browned the chicken well on the side with the breast for another 5 minutes. Obviously, you can brown it as much as you prefer, sprinkling it from time to time with the butter drained in the pan and not letting it out of your eyes, so that it does not burn.
11. Let the chicken rest for 15 minutes before serving. An extremely, extremely juicy fried chicken comes out, cooked to perfection, neither too much nor too little.
We served it with rice noodles with noodles and a green salad, generously sprinkled with melted butter from the pan. I can't even describe how delicious it was!
CHICKEN FLAVORED ON THE GLASS
Scented chicken on the glass in the oven, whole chicken prepared healthy and easy can be the delight of meals with family or friends visiting.
Crispy skin, soft and tender meat, flavored with butter, lemon and thyme transforms a simple, banal recipe into one of great effect, full of flavor.
Put on the glass in the oven is one of the recipes loved by Romanians. I think this recipe has been tested by everyone, but mine has a little secret that makes meat better.
The secret consists in the butter mixed with the spices and inserted under the chicken skin, as I do with the turkey. I keep a little butter to grease the chicken on the outside.
Glass can be replaced by various other ceramic or stainless steel stands & # 8211 can be found in specialty stores with cooking products. An important detail: the glass should not have labels, it should be very clean, because it reaches our food.
Scented chicken on the bottle we prepared it with chicken raised by us, naturally, without growth hormones or other chemicals. I try to give the child good, healthy food. When he grows up, it is his job to choose what to eat, until then I take great care to give him the healthiest food possible. At this time he loves chicken, so together with other friends we made a small farm. We raise chickens for us and our friends. I sit and wonder how the chickens in the store are raised, which reach 10-12 lei / kg, when it costs us 28 lei / kg after 3 months? That's how much food costs for one chicken, but we have a few hundred right now. I knew it wouldn't be cheap, but I'd rather have healthy food on my plate. If you still can't afford healthy chickens, try buying ground-free, hormone-free chickens. At least that's what it says on the label.
Returning to the baked chicken on the bottle, I must tell you that it does not need excessive baking time. Bake on low heat (180 ° C for about 90 minutes). You should not have excessively reddened skin to make sure it is well cooked inside. The butter under the skin does its job well.
Another delicious recipe for whole chicken in the oven is chicken stuffed with mushrooms. If you want to quickly prepare a whole chicken, I recommend you try the recipe whole chicken in a cauldron.
For more chicken recipes I invite you to see my collection of recipes (find over 100 recipes for steaks, food, appetizers) in this link.
Now I let you see how I did it flavored chicken on the bottle in the oven:
1 small-medium chicken
4 tablespoons butter & # 8211 about 100 g
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel & # 8211 as fine as possible
3 tablespoons white wine
3 large cloves of garlic
as a garnish various vegetables: potatoes, mushrooms, carrots
We took care to clean the chicken of feathers and tulle very well, the organs were removed by the one who helps us to cut the birds. I rubbed the butter well with salt, lemon peel, thyme.
I greased the chicken skin with salt and pepper. I gently peeled the skin and introduced the butter flavored with thyme and lemon peel, then grease it on the outside with it. I sprinkled a little paprika on the chicken skin.
I put it on a bottle wrapped in baking paper or foil (it will not stick to it when it is ready) and filled with water. I put the chicken in a tray in which I prepared various vegetables that I served as a garnish.
Cover everything with foil and bake in the preheated oven at 200 ° C for one hour.
After this interval we test if it is baked by pricking it with a skewer stick. If it is done, remove the foil and let it brown, greasing it from time to time with the oil from the tray.
Chicken with flavored sauce
1. Wash the chicken well and leave it in boiling water for a few minutes.
2. Meanwhile, bring the pasta to a boil in salted water.
3. Remove the chicken, wipe with an absorbent towel and cut the skin with a sharp knife. Mix the soft butter with salt, pepper, thyme, crushed garlic and basil. Grease the chicken with this paste. Cover with a lid and bake at 160 ° C.
4. Remove the pasta from the water after it has boiled, pass it through a stream of cold water and let it drain.
5. Peel and wash the mushrooms, cut into slices and fry in a little olive oil. Add salt and pepper. After the chicken has penetrated, add the tomato paste and the chilli paste and the basil. Leave for a few more minutes.
6. Pasta is prepared with parmesan and salt to taste. Serve with chicken, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese.
Put whole in the oven on a bed of potatoes
- 1 circus chicken 1.3-1.5 kg
- black pepper
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 125 gr butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- spices: thyme, basil, rosemary, etc.
How to split the chicken: turned your back on you and cut it long following the spine (spine), you need a sharp and sturdy knife.
Gently pull on the edges of the cut and turn the chicken face up. Press lightly in the area where the breast ends, between the two thighs and so the chicken is flattened.
Seasoning: put the chicken with the inside up, then sprinkle with 1-2 teaspoons of lemon and a few flakes of soft butter, follow the spices, repeat the same with the other side.
Garnish: baked potatoes with butter, clean, wash and slice the potatoes about 1 cm thick, salt and add cumin or sesame seeds, poppy seeds, etc.
Place a grill on top of the potatoes and place the chicken on it, at which point we place pieces of butter under the chicken's skin.
Put it in the preheated oven at 220 - 230 C, leave it for 30 minutes, check if it is done, leave it for a while, depending on how we estimate, another 20 minutes, move the potatoes from under the chicken to the edges to Romanian.
Chicken can be considered the king of gastronomy - it is found in most traditional cuisines and is enjoyed in various forms. Many archaeologists believe that the chicken was domesticated not for food, but for fights between roosters. This would be the oldest sport still practiced. In the ancient world there are many images of roosters in battle - such as the houses in Pompeii or the Greek city of Pergamum.