Put the meat to boil, froth a few times and let it simmer, adding some salt.
The vegetables are put when the meat is half cooked. You can add other vegetables compared to what I put, depending on what you like: potatoes, kale, cauliflower, etc.
When the meat and vegetables have boiled, remove them from the soup and strain them.
Beat the egg well with a pinch of salt, then add the semolina in the rain, so that a soft but consistent composition comes out, as I said above. :)
With a wet teaspoon, take from the composition and put in boiling soup. Boil for a few minutes, until the dumplings begin to rise to the surface and have a fluffy consistency.
Serve hot, with finely chopped greens.
Chicken soup with liver dumplings
Today is Sunday and from the table of a traditional Transylvanian family you can't miss the chicken soup. That's why we offer you a recipe imported from Hungarian cuisine: Chicken soup with liver dumplings.
For a self-respecting housewife who wants to enjoy her family gathered around the table on Sunday with a special soup, the time of about an hour she has to spend in the kitchen to prepare this product is not much.
For the preparation of the delicious soup we need a fatty chicken or a chicken (NOTICE not injected) 2 onions, 2-3 larger carrots, a smaller celery or half of a suitable one, 2 parsley roots, a parsnip root, a bay leaf, peppercorns, salt to taste.
For poultry liver dumplings we will have three pieces of fresh liver from AVIS, two eggs all AVIS (to match the liver), a slice of bread, 1-2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs, a glass of milk, 2-3 tablespoons of oil and chopped parsley.
Method of preparation:
For the soup, choose a fatter chicken or a chicken (NOTICE INJECTED). Wash well and bring to a boil, preferably cut into pieces. That depends on what we want to do as the second course of meat. It can be made only from cutlery. After frothing, add salt and peppercorns. Leave it on the right fire for as long as it takes to boil the chicken. Add the vegetables after boiling halfway. After boiling, strain the soup into another bowl and add the poultry liver dumplings.
While the soup is boiling, we take care of the liver dumplings. Chop the three chicken livers with a knife, and remove the skins. Chop the green parsley. Add two whole eggs, 2-3 tablespoons of oil, pepper, salt to taste, mix and incorporate a slice of dry bread soaked in milk and breadcrumbs as it contains, to be a dough neither too hard nor too soft. To keep the soup clear, take a few tablespoons of soup and place it in another bowl, where the dumplings are boiled. When they rise to the surface they are ready. Then move to the rest of the soup, sprinkle with chopped green parsley and serve.
How to make the best and fluffiest soup dumplings.
The dumplings for chicken soup with dumplings do not always come out properly, sometimes they are hard and not fluffy at all. So I propose my recipe for dumplings that never come out strong. In the composition for dumplings I always put a little oil, a little water and a knife tip of baking powder. This is the recipe inherited from my mother, as well Meatball soup. Obviously you can omit baking powder, but it is a very small amount and does not hurt. Then I add semolina until I get a suitable hard composition. That is, not too hard for the spoon not to flow and not too soft for the dumplings to fall apart in the water. The consistency should be similar to that of a thick cream.
The composition is then left to rest for a while for 5-10 minutes, then the dumplings for chicken soup with dumplings are formed and put in boiling water over low heat. Let them boil for about 10 minutes and then put a little cold water on them and leave them for another 5 minutes. Cold water makes them extremely fluffy. I never make dumplings directly in soup. First of all, because the soup loses its clarity. Then because if I don't turn out the way I want, I can make others without having to fish them out of the soup. The dumplings are then put in the soup and immediately add the chopped parsley and the soup is ready. We serve chicken soup with hot dumplings, with a lot of parsley on top and possibly with hot peppers. A madness!
Homemade noodle chicken soup
looks good, men are the best cooks anyway! : d
:) That's what they say. I'm curious what women will comment on.
I really like your recipes, that looks great. you have a way of cooking that suits me perfectly. thanks for the recipes. Katie
With pleasure Katia and I hope that the future recipes will fit just as well with your way of cooking :)
men are the best chefs but not the Romanians probably, most of whom rub mint and wait for only wives, mothers or friends to cook the one on this site is a rarity and is an example for other Romanian men, congratulations and ready with clichés
you are sorely mistaken. probably so will your husband (sorry) but me and many men (friends or just acquaintances) love to cook, and especially for festive meals, when we can improvise.
If I have to give my opinion, I think that Romanian men can be the best chefs when they cook for pleasure, not out of obligation. Probably if I worked 8-10 hours in a factory and then I would have had to cook three meals a day (every day!) I think I would quickly pass all the cooking fun :)
I am a man, I work 8-10 hours a day in an office and I cook about 3-4 times a week, especially soups and so on. And you know what. I found that this occupation is much more relaxing and pleasant (what can I say useful.) Than sitting for hours staring at the TV!
Thanks for the recipes, I've been cooking almost exclusively for your networks for a few months and I haven't missed any food so far.
With pleasure, I would like you not to miss any recipe from now on. I'm a bit deficient in the soup / soup category, but I'll try to recover. I'm just getting ready to post the belly soup recipe, I hope you like it.
Clearly, this occupation is more productive than staring at the seemingly more and more dubious quality shows that our televisions broadcast. It seems that when you like what you do you find unsuspected energies and get over the fatigue accumulated at the office :)
Although my answer comes quite late, I feel compelled to complete :) My husband cooks rarely but cooks very well. She knows a few recipes, she goes into the kitchen only when her mother-in-law is not present, but she makes a food to lick my fingers. By comparison, if the two of us cook the same recipe, it turns out better. He has that feeling! That feeling that makes the difference between a simple meal and a delicious one. Cristina O
Noodle Poultry Soup Ingredients:
- a few pieces suitable for soup from a rooster raised in the backyard of mothers-in-law back, wings, neck, legs (or pieces with chicken bone, or chicken, preferably grown in the yard) - around 1 kg-1.5 kg
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 carrots (about 200-250 gr.)
- parsley - root, parsnip, celery (about 200-250 gr)
- optionally, you can add 1 clove of garlic and in summer, a small bell pepper
- greens, salt, pepper
Preparation of Poultry Soup with Noodles
Boiling meat and vegetables
1. The meat, well cleaned of any feather residues, possibly topped with a kitchen cake or on the stove flame and then well wiped with paper towels, is boiled in cold water with a tablespoon of salt. The water should be about a handful wide. As soon as it boils, reduce the heat to a minimum and remove the foam that forms on the surface 2-3 times. Especially if you use young vegetable spring soup for spring, it is good to add after foaming the soup. If the vegetables are from autumn, they can be added faster, immediately after the soup starts to boil.
2. The foam formed on the surface of the bird soup will be removed as many times as needed. There is nothing toxic in this foam, they are just coagulated meat proteins, a substance similar to egg white (albumin). It is sure to disturb the soup, giving it an unpleasant appearance, so it is good to remove it. After 3-4 foams, this foam will not form, it will disappear by itself.
3. Continue to boil the poultry soup, over low heat, almost without boiling, until the meat softens well. Likewise, the vegetables will be cooked. For a successful soup, the fire must be slow and the soup must not boil.
Strain the bird soup
4. When both the meat and vegetables are well cooked, strain the soup through a sieve placed on top of a clean pot. This step is very important, many meat or vegetable particles will remain in the sieve that could disturb the soup, otherwise.
Boiling noodles in soup
If you use homemade noodles, especially fresh ones, there is no need to boil them separately. They will not disturb the soup handcuffed in the slightest. The strained bird soup is put on the fire again. Season with salt to taste. When it boils, add it noodles (or dumplings) all at once (I used noodles from an egg, fresh, made right then, for noodle recipe in pictures but also the video version, click here.).
It is important, however, to add noodles only in the soup that will be consumed immediately. For example, if you have made 4 liters of soup and are going to serve 4 servings (about 1.4 liters), measure the right amount of soup to serve and add noodles or dumplings only in that, I measure which one hand of noodles / person. The rest of the soup is cooled and kept in the fridge, boiling and adding noodles and greens when we serve it and when it will be as good and with the same taste as when we took it from fire.
If you use noodles (noodles) to buy, they are boiled in salted water, separately, drained, clarified and then added to the soup.
Poultry soup with noodles is served hot. You can add chopped greens to the pot, I prefer to sprinkle it on the plate. Put the lid on the pot and let it steam for only a few minutes. Put the soup in plates where you can add, as you prefer, boiled carrots, chopped green parsley and pepper.
What do we need for the recipe for chicken soup with semolina dumplings?
Rating 4.8 from 13 reviews
- 1 kg winged chicken back (it can be any bird: chicken, duck, turkey, goose, bibilica, pheasant, etc.)
- 1 large onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 yellow bell pepper (I used half a very large pepper, imported)
- ¼ celery root
- 1 hot pepper
- green parsley at the end
- For dumplings
- 2 medium eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted poultry lard (oil, melted butter)
- 140 g gray (120 g gray and 20 g Malay)
- 1 pinch of salt
1. Wash, clean and cut the vegetables into thin strips.
2. Wash the chicken breast and boil in 3-4 liters of water with a little salt. When it starts to boil, take the foam and add the cleaned vegetables and let it boil. To make the soup clear, after the meat and vegetables have boiled, remove from the soup and strain it.
3. Beat the egg whites, add the yolks, oil and a pinch of salt. Add the semolina in the rain, stirring constantly, until a thick creamy paste is obtained. Let it rest for five minutes.
4. Bring the strained soup back to the boil and, when it starts to boil, add the dumplings. Boil for a few more minutes, until the dumplings begin to rise to the surface and have a fluffy consistency.
5. Serve hot, with finely chopped greens.
Chicken soup with dumplings
How it snows in my mouth!
I'm going to try! I hope it works out. : *
This soup looks great, in fact, all the recipes on this blog are great!
I'm sorry I didn't find this blog before!
Congratulations for everything you have here and for the patience and kindness to share with us the secrets of your kitchen, thank you!
Let me give you a recipe from the years when we were building socialism! CEAUSESCU's last years. Note Chicken soup.
It seems like the simple recipe for chicken soup from communism. I'm curious how dumplings were made at that time :))
Eggs and semolina were still there, but what do those who now have no money to buy a chicken do?
:) Looks like you're dead to spoil our joke. I remember spending hours queuing at eggs and milk (and most of the time leaving empty-handed) to make my mother's favorite dessert: burnt sugar cream. So maybe only semolina was and then, definitely not eggs! :)
At the risk of sounding cynical, if you really want an answer from me, here it is: money is earned through work. If we don't have the money to buy a chicken for soup, then we work and earn it (or we give up chicken and make soup only with dumplings). I know, it was nice when the communists held our hand and gave us a job, a free apartment, a free college, etc., but times have changed and we have to adapt. Being too young, I did not benefit from any of this and here I can afford to buy a chicken from time to time and, overall, I am quite happy with my life. The life I made myself, as I wanted and as my head went. In the end, expressions like "You have a book, you have a part", "How you lie down, that's how you sleep", "The job is a gold bracelet" have always been valid.
Come on, I did this one too !! The outcome. Very very good. Now I put out the fire and started doing it. raisin cookies :))). At the donut recipe I told you that I also made pilaf, now, at the soup recipe I tell you that I started making cookies :)) Nely
I see that you stayed in the kitchen all day :)) At this rate, in a few months you will test all the recipes on the blog.