On Feb. 5, the world will be celebrating Nutella, the beloved Italian chocolate hazelnut spread — it’s very much deserving of celebration, don’t you think?
If you’re wondering how World Nutella Day came to be, the idea came from an American, not an Italian, though she was living in Italy at the time. World Nutella Day was created in 2007 when Sara Rosso, an American blogger living in Italy, realized there was no day set aside throughout the year to appreciate Nutella.
While the creamy spread is most definitely a staple in most Italian and Italian-American homes, it has a tremendous following all over the world. It's a great spread over a breakfast croissant as well as the sweetest finale after a great meal — Nutella is ideal for any time of the day.
In honor of the sweet spread, we’re sharing a few ideas on how to really honor it:
Crepe Statin: Create an entire bar filled with crepes, Nutella, and all the right fixings and accompaniments like berries, bananas, chocolate chips, etc. Put someone in charge of cooking the crepes through and have your guests leave their creation recipes afterward.
Fondue!: Grab your ideal pairing for Nutella — mine are dark pretzels ! — survey your guests to see what theirs are, and create a few fondue stations fit for delicious and social dipping.
Cocktail Party: From boozy milkshakes to chocolate martinis, create a signature menu made with the creamy spread and get the mingling started.
Cookie Swap!: We’re big fans of trading treats, so create a Nutella-themed swap and make a running list so no one creates the same cookie.
Ice Cream Parlor: Create an ice cream social for your kids to mingle with their pals over Nutella-inspired ice cream fit with all of the ideal toppings, plus the go-to Nutella toppings like pretzels, banana, and toffee.
For recipe inspiration, check out these great Nutella recipes!
World Nutella Day 2012!! Dark Chocolate Nutella Cake with Mango Mousse and Nutella Ganache
I needed to bring a dessert to a party this weekend so what better way to spread the word about World Nutella Day as well as express my fondness for that little jar of creamy chocolate hazelnut goodness! Although this cake is a bit time consuming to pull together, the result is worth the effort – a heavenly blend of hazelnut, espresso, dark chocolate and creamy mousse….another Nutella dessert to help feed the addiction! So Happy Nutella Day, everyone – ENJOY!!
Check out other tasty Nutella treats at World Nutella Day and our host’s blogs!!
Dark Chocolate Nutella Cake with Mango Mousse and Nutella Ganache Drizzle
For the cake: (Adapted from Fran’s Dark Chocolate Espresso Cake)
¾ cup hazelnuts
½ cup sour cream
½ cup Nutella
3 teaspoons instant espresso mixed in 4 tablespoons of water
½ cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted before measuring)
3 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups bleached all-purpose flour (sifted into a cup and leveled off)
1 ¼ cup sugar
1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
For the mango mousse:
3 cups mango puree – about 4 mangoes
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
For the Nutella ganache:
3/4 cup Nutella
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1 tablespoon brandy, optional
World Nutella Day 2020: History and Celebrations
World Nutella Day celebrates the fusion of hazelnut with cocoa. Nutella is produced by the Italian company Ferrero. Earlier, it was only known to the Italian market but now it becomes a global confectionery sensation and sold in more than 70 countries.
How Nutella got its name?
The story of Nutella closely resembles the saying “necessity is the mother of invention”.
During the 19th century, chocolatiers in the Piedmont area of north-western Italy were left with huge problems. Cocoa was not much available and the price of it was high. People were worried that how they will make chocolate confectionary items. Then, an idea hit them and they decided to fuse hazelnuts with chocolate because hazelnuts were available in large quantities. They named the mixture of hazelnuts and chocolate as Gianduia which is the foundation recipe of Nutella.
Again during World War II, the price of chocolates increased and become scarce. Pietro Ferrero had a bakery in Alba, Piedmont and to increase the sale of chocolate, he decided to use hazelnuts with chocolate. He named the product as Pasta Gianduja and sold extensively in the 1940s. Then in 1951, he decided to launch a creamy version of this paste and named it Supercrema. In 1963, the Supercrema recipe was bit changed and marketed all over Europe. This new recipe was renamed as Nutella. In April 1964, the first jar of Nutella was sold and soon it became popular and sold like hotcakes.
World Nutella Day: History
An American blogger, Sara Russo founded this day which is now celebrated across the world. In 2000, she lived in Italy and loved to eat Nutella and several recipes made through it. When she went to the United States, she took the jars of Nutella because it was not much popular in the USA and so not much sold. She then wondered the Nutella spread is so delicious but why was it not popular in the United States. In 2007, she sent an email to her friend Shelley Ruelle, a fellow blogger asking her to join in hosting the World Nutella Day. She replied a big yes. On 6 February, 2007, the first World Nutella Day was celebrated. After a year, the date was changed to 5 February. Since then, every year World Nutella Day is celebrated on 5 February across the world.
World Nutella Day: Celebrations
People do several activities and make this day an unforgettable one. People share various recipes on this day via social platforms or gather together and share. Host a Nutella party and invite friends, relatives. People celebrate this day with their styles. Like at the corner of Lake and Michigan Avenue (Chicago), there is a Nutella cafe that will offer free personalised jars to the first 100 people who purchase any menu item in the cafe. The cafe will offer various brunch and dessert options, from chocolate crepes and espresso drinks to Nutella flavoured ice cream and shakes.
Therefore, World Nutella Day is celebrated on 5 February annually to share their views regarding Nutella and its fabulous combinations.
- ► (1)
- ► April (1)
- ► (5)
- ► July (1)
- ► June (3)
- ► April (1)
- ► (7)
- ► July (1)
- ► May (1)
- ► February (3)
- ► January (2)
- ► (7)
- ► September (2)
- ► August (1)
- ► July (1)
- ► June (1)
- ► May (1)
- ► April (1)
- ► (1)
- ► October (1)
- ► (8)
- ► November (1)
- ► September (6)
- ► March (1)
- ► (36)
- ► December (3)
- ► October (3)
- ► September (2)
- ► August (2)
- ► June (2)
- ► May (8)
- ► March (3)
- ► February (6)
- ► January (7)
- ► (246)
- ► December (14)
- ► November (21)
- ► October (15)
- ► September (17)
- ► August (23)
- ► July (30)
- ► June (11)
- ► May (20)
- ► April (18)
- ► March (26)
- ► February (27)
- ► January (24)
- ▼ (413)
- ► December (33)
- ► November (40)
- ► October (26)
- ► September (42)
- ► August (47)
- ► July (40)
- ► June (29)
- ► May (42)
- ► April (38)
- ► March (33)
- ▼ February (25)
- ► January (18)
- ► (527)
- ► December (25)
- ► November (43)
- ► October (26)
- ► September (37)
- ► August (52)
- ► July (35)
- ► June (48)
- ► May (57)
- ► April (39)
- ► March (55)
- ► February (57)
- ► January (53)
- ► (461)
- ► December (21)
- ► November (36)
- ► October (41)
- ► September (39)
- ► August (37)
- ► July (22)
- ► June (39)
- ► May (45)
- ► April (34)
- ► March (51)
- ► February (57)
- ► January (39)
- ► (484)
- ► December (23)
- ► November (49)
- ► October (48)
- ► September (38)
- ► August (53)
- ► July (35)
- ► June (49)
- ► May (49)
- ► April (33)
- ► March (38)
- ► February (33)
- ► January (36)
- ► (229)
- ► December (19)
- ► November (55)
- ► October (31)
- ► September (20)
- ► August (31)
- ► July (21)
- ► June (13)
- ► May (11)
- ► April (10)
- ► March (11)
- ► February (3)
- ► January (4)
- ► (8)
- ► December (2)
- ► November (2)
- ► October (1)
- ► August (2)
- ► June (1)
- ► (3)
- ► November (3)
- ► (1)
- ► July (1)
World Nutella Day: What is so special about this choco-hazelnut spread?
Nutella is that infectious and addictive spread of hazelnut infused with cocoa that brings on a smile on your face irrespective of your state. It is more than just a chocolatey hazelnut spread. Nutella has become an important part of all our lives. Spread across your crisp toast or stuff it into your delicious spongy pastries, Nutella can be eaten in whichever way you like it to.
But are you aware of the best form in which you can savour Nutella? Well, it’s a very convenient method. Just dip your finger or a spoon into the jar and relish the smooth creamy texture of the spread! Just the very thought of Nutella is enough to make your taste buds crave for its taste.
Nutella has an international fondness and the affinity for it has attained a global level. This hazelnut spread has such a massive penchant that it is celebrated on a global level annually.
Image: Magpies Sporting Club
How did the celebrations of World Nutella Day start?
An American blogger, Sara Russo founded this day which is now celebrated across the world. In 2000, she lived in Italy and loved to eat Nutella and several recipes made through it. When she went to the United States, she took the jars of Nutella because it was not very popular in the USA and hence wasn’t much sold. She wondered why despite being so delicious, the Nutella spread was not popular in the United States. In 2007, she sent an email to her friend Shelley Ruelle, a fellow blogger asking her to join in hosting the World Nutella Day and received a big ‘YES’ in response.
On February 6, 2007, the first World Nutella Day was celebrated. After a year, the date was changed to 5 February. Since then, every year World Nutella Day is celebrated on 5 February across the world.
The curious history of Nutella
When Michele Ferrero, the son of a small-town pastry maker, decided to follow in his father’s footsteps, he started from humble beginnings. Nutella is sometimes called an “austerity recipe”, as at the time, in the 1950’s, the Second World War and rationing had left chocolate in short supply in Italy.
Adding hazelnuts, which were cheaper and more readily available than cocoa, made the spread much more affordable. But it wasn’t all the idea of Ferrero, the Turin-based makers of Nutella. In fact, the city has been known for producing hazelnut-infused chocolate since the times of Napoleon.
Hazelnut chocolate cream, or crema gianduia, was invented in the city in 1806, when Napoleon’s wars in South America made cocoa beans so astronomically expensive in the Savoy kingdom that local chocolatiers were going out of business – until they hit on the idea of using local hazelnuts to make their chocolate go further. Obviously, the Ferrero recipe was an even bigger hit.
Also read: World Wetlands Day to remind the importance of wetlands
Nutella recipes to savour on World Nutella Day
On this precious eve of World Nutella Day, we have three mouth tingling Nutella recipes for you to savour while saving you time from browsing through thousands and hundreds of recipes.
Image: Tastes of Lizzy T
No-Bake Nutella Fudge
Reasons to love this particular dish is
- It takes only 15 minutes to cook
- Hazelnut and chocolate flavour
- And of course, the legendary taste of Nutella.
- Mix Nutella and butter together in a stand mixer. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the powdered sugar into the measuring cup, then level it off with a knife. Don’t pack it into the cup.
- Add the sugar and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until the mixture is completely combined. The mixture will be very thick, but should be smooth.
- Line an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper. Is this 100% necessary? Not really, but you’ll be able to cleanly remove the bars from the pan. Since this is not going in the oven, you could use butter paper instead.
- Press the Nutella mixture down evenly in the pan.
- Then spread with the melted chocolate.
For Melted Chocolate Topping
It is important to melt chocolate very slowly so that it does not burn.
Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl very slowly, about 30 seconds, then stir. Then continue to melt it in 15-20 second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is almost melted. Add the softened tablespoon of butter, mix and melt the chocolate an additional 10 seconds if needed. The chocolate should be smooth.
Mini Nutella Doughnuts
Specialty about this particular recipe? Try it and see for yourself!
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits (8 count)
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Whisk egg with water.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each biscuit into a 6-inch circle cut each into 4 wedges.
- Brush lightly with egg mixture top each wedge with 1 teaspoon Nutella.
- Bring up corners over filling pinch edges firmly to seal.
- In a large cast-iron or electric skillet, heat oil to 350°.
- In small batches, place doughnuts in hot oil, seam side down fry until golden brown, 1-2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar serve warm.
Image: Coconut and Berries
Hazelnut Mocha Smoothie
What can be more heavenly than a thick smoothie of hazelnut, coffee and nutty flavours? This Hazelnut Mocha Smoothie can beat every Starbucks coffee in terms of taste and flavour. What earns this smoothie some real brownie points are the perfect blend of cocoa, Nutella and coffee along with the choco chips. Try this out and treat yourself with this heavenly Nutella smoothie.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 6 ice cubes
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a blender, combine the milk, Nutella and espresso powder.
- Cover and process until the drink until blended.
- Add ice cubes and cover and process until smooth.
- Add ice cream, cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into chilled glasses serve immediately.
- Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.
Treat yourself with these easy and quick Nutella delicacies and celebrate this World Nutella Day with as many Nutella recipes as you like.
Anwesha hails from Odisha and is pursuing her bachelor’s degree in English Literature from Ravenshaw University. She is a voracious reader and a writer. Apart from that, she’s also a singer.
Captions for Instagram
- Nutella & Unicorns.
- Keep calm and eat Nutella.
- My mind says Victoria’s Secret, but my heart says Nutella.
- To do list: Buy Nutella. Find spoon. Eat.
- Money can’t buy happiness, but it can buy Nutella, and that is basically the same thing.
- People are always disappointing. Thank God I have Nutella.
- My kryptonite.
- All you need is love, but a little bit of Nutella doesn’t hurt.
- I love you as much as I love Nutella.
- We go together like Nutella and spoons.
- The reason I buy bread.
- Home is where the Nutella is.
- Nutella is my boyfriend.
More Nutella captions
- I want someone to look at me the same way I look at Nutella.
- You can’t make everyone happy — you’re not a jar of Nutella.
- Spread love as thick as you would Nutella.
- According to my mirror, I’m pregnant. The father is Nutella.
- Happiness is the first smear out of a Nutella jar.
- Feed me, Nutella.
- Have you eaten your Nutella today?
- Back up the jar of Nutella – better safe than sorry.
- You had me at Nutella.
- We go together like Nutella and anything.
- A good day starts and ends with Nutella.
- It’s been an eat-Nutella-straight-from-the-jar kind of day.
- Naps, Netflix, and Nutella.
Nutella Day (Verified Holiday)
We can all thank Sara Rosso for Nutella Day , the internationally recognized holiday that makes headlines every 5th of February. And rightly so. It celebrates all things related to the deliciously addictive hazelnut cocoa spread. What’s more, the story of how it came to be is an interesting one.
Though hard to believe, there was a time when Nutella was rare in Europe. You could only really find it abroad hidden on the shelves of certain Italian specialty stores. So this meant no Nutella crepes, no Nutella French toast, no Nutella doughnuts, and no Nutella milkshakes. Assuming Nutella desserts did exist, it follows that they were even harder to come across than tubs of Nutella themselves!
According to Rosso, founder and former co-host of the Nutella Day holiday, the company’s online presence in the US around 2006 was almost non-existent. As a result, Rosso could make a direct comparison of the change because she was living in Italy at the time (2003-2015) but still paying visits to US friends and family. She humorously states that at the beginning, “Ferrero felt to me much like Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory: aloof, mysterious, and amazing, based on the products that were being manufactured there. I wondered at the company producing this deliciousness. Who were they. I didn’t know anyone working there. I wouldn’t have been surprised to discover Oompa Loompas were working there making magical creations.”
The Initiative for Nutella Holiday
Deciding to share this Italian ambrosia with the world, she first recruited the help of her blogger friend Shelley Ruelle and we saw the International Nutella Day wheels put into motion! But take a moment to imagine the internet at the time Facebook and Twitter weren’t the social animals they are today, and bloggers were the best bet at spreading the word. Thankfully, Nutella was a worthy cause everyone was willing to get behind! Immediately the internet buzzed with Nutella songs, poems, videos and more. Eventually, we saw Ruelle replaced by Michelle Fabio who remained at the reins with Rosso until 2015. Now Ferrero was ready to take over the event.
Moreover, Rosso highlights how “One of the biggest impacts World Nutella Day has had on Nutella’s market is the association of Nutella with recipes.” The recipes proved very helpful for those who were unacquainted and hesitant to invest in an entire jar of the mysterious Italian spread. By 2012, Nutella was everywhere and Rosso and Fabio had even published a book The Unofficial Guide to Nutella . Recipes and fun things regarding Nutella and World Nutella Day make up this book. We’re talking flourless chocolate Nutella cake in addition to Nutella and mascarpone cream chocolate tarts, for instance. There’s even the luxurious sounding Nutella and fresh ginger mousse spicy macarons!
If you’re interested in finding Nutella desserts near you, you’re in luck. There are plenty of bakeries offering goodies like Nutella horns, Nutella French toast, and Nutella doughnuts. Further to this, if you’d like extra information on Sara Rosso and her other pursuits you can visit her website and side blog When I Have Time … For now, we wish you a happy Nutella Day!
World Nutella Day History
An American blogger, Sara Russo established this day which is currently celebrated over the world. In 2000, she lived in Italy and wanted to eat Nutella and a few recipes made through it. At the point when she went to the United States, she took the jars of Nutella because it was very little famous in the USA thus very little sold. She at that point wondered the Nutella spread is so delightful yet for what reason was it not well known in the United States. In 2007, she sent an email to her companion Shelley Ruelle, a fellow blogger requesting that she join in hosting the World Nutella Day. She answered a major yes. On 6 February 2007, the first World Nutella Day was praised. After a year, the date was changed to 5 February. From that point forward, each year World Nutella Day is celebrated on 5 February over the world.
2015 saw the transfer of the Day from Sara to the organization that makes Nutella, Ferrero. Making this transfer took into consideration the day to become considerably bigger and guaranteed its life span. The organization has done some pretty innovative things to help World Nutella Day. There is a website (nutelladay.com) to keep current on the entirety of the plans for the holiday. NutellaDay.com, which was a landing page that would connect back to the blogger’s respective sites so individuals could discover more data on the holiday. Throughout the years, the holiday became more well known and spread virally across Twitter and Facebook. Everywhere throughout the world, individuals started to share Nutella’s recipes and word of the item spread.
Not every person was happy with the holiday, however. In April of 2013, Ferrero sent her a cease-and-desist letter that demanded that she quit publishing anything with the Nutella name, similarity or logo. In any case, in May of that year, Ferrero dropped the cease-and-desist letter to Rosso and contacted her. Today, she keeps on running the holiday media pages and website, even though she presently needs to place a disclaimer on it that it isn’t officially run by the organization and doesn’t communicate the perspectives on Ferrero.
Mini Nutella Tiramisu for World Nutella Day
I wanted to give a big shout-out to my co-host and fellow expat blogger, Shelley from At Home in Rome for doing such a great job in promoting the event and putting up with me in general! I hope she doesn’t cringe at the next email I send her with “Project” in the subject! :)
I really enjoyed experimenting with this recipe because that’s what it really was, an experiment. The best part about it is that you can make the ingredients separately and then assemble when needed, so if even if you’re alone, you can enjoy one immediately and make the others the next day, for example. Of course, piping hot and fresh is best!
I also have a “low-impact” recipe option at the bottom of the post for those of you who don’t want to do anything too intensive!
Mini Nutella Tiramisu
- 150-200g. Nutella
- 1/2-3/4c. Moka coffee or espresso
- 3 Eggs
- 250g. mascarpone
- Coffee liqueur (like Kahlua) (I used Caffe’ Borghetti)
- Cocoa powder (I used the leftover fair-trade cocoa I used for Chocolate by Brand on Sugar High Friday)
- Vanilla extract
- Pasta sfoglia – (Phyllo dough)
- Fresh whipping cream
Prepare the mini tiramisu “vehicles” by spreading out your phyllo dough onto a baking sheet. I used phyllo dough because I wanted something that wasn’t sweet to anchor the rest of the dish. I cut the dough into 3-4″ wide pieces using a butter knife (a long slice down the middle and a few along the width). Bake your phyllo dough according to the instructions on the package, until golden. Remove from the oven.
I had 8 big puffy pieces of dough, and I took each one and split it where it was bursting at the seams, creating two halves, open like a sandwich. You must do this while they are still quite hot, otherwise they will cool down and you won’t be able to manipulate them as they set up. Don’t burn your fingers!
For the Nutella-coffee sauce
- 150-200g. Nutella
- 1/2-3/4c. Moka coffee (weaker than espresso)
- 3T. Coffee liqueur
- 1/4c. fresh whipping cream (optional)
Heat (most of the) Nutella and coffee in a double boiler, stirring constantly to fully melt the Nutella into the coffee (I later transferred the small pan to direct heat but I was stirring a lot, but you can continue in the double boiler). Add a bit of the coffee liqueur and taste to judge the balance – you don’t want this syrup to be *too* sweet as the tiramisu filling is quite sweet. Add more coffee liqueur or Nutella as desired. Add the cream last, mixing well and removing from the heat.
For the tiramisu filling
Mix the egg yolks with the sugar using a wooden spoon or hand mixer. Add the mascarpone and vanilla and blend well, for a minute or two. In another bowl, beat the egg whites with a little sugar (Bakingsheet has a good tutorial on this) and fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture. If it’s too runny, you can put it in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm it up a bit.
To assemble: You want to use the Nutella-coffee sauce warm/liquid, so if you’re using it the day after, microwave it for a few seconds, or heat it on the stove. I added a small spiral of the sauce where I wanted to anchor the bottom of the phyllo shell to the plate. I then spooned a tablespoon or two of the sauce into the bottom of the shell.
Add one or two spoonfuls of the tiramisu filling, and sprinkle it liberally with cacao. You can serve them opened or closed! At this point, you can be as creative as you like, and drizzle the sauce on top of the shell, on the plate, even leaving a pool of the Nutella-coffee sauce on the side.
Whip the fresh whipping cream and serve as a garnish. You can use the leftover sauce on ice cream, in coffee, or whatever you like!
For the low-impact World Nutella Day observers – get your favorite brownie recipe, prepare as directed, then heat a jar of Nutella in the microwave (with the top off) for a minute to soften it up. Spread the brownie mix into your baking pan and then add large dollops and swirls into the batter, but don’t mix it in. Cook as directed. Ecco! Nutella Brownies!
NUTELLA ® "WORLD NUTELLA DAY FANS OF THE YEAR" SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER:
Nutella® World Nutella Day Fans of the Year Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) begins at 12:00:00 AM (ET) on Friday, February 5, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on Friday, February 5, 2021. (“Promotion Period”).
During the Promotion Period, there are three (3) ways to enter:
a. You may enter by submitting a photo or telling us in 50 words or less how you love to enjoy Nutella hazelnut spread (Nutella on pancakes, Nutella on toast, Nutella on fruit, Nutella for baking) and post on the official Nutella® Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/nutellausa/), using the hashtag #worldnutelladaysweeps. Doing so will require you to have a Facebook account. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can obtain a free account at https://facebook.com.
b. You may enter by (1) posting a photo on your Instagram account showing how you love to enjoy Nutella hazelnut spread (Nutella on pancakes, Nutella on toast, Nutella on fruit, Nutella for baking), and (2) using the hashtag #worldnutelladaysweeps . Although not required we suggest tagging the official Nutella Instagram account @nutella. Entering via Instagram will require you have a mobile device with a camera during the Promotion Period. You must also have the Instagram app on your mobile device. If you do not have an Instagram account, you can obtain a free account at https://www.instagram.com .
c. You may enter by (1) tweeting a photo or text on your Twitter account showing how you love to enjoy Nutella hazelnut spread (Nutella on pancakes, Nutella on toast, Nutella on fruit, Nutella for baking), and (2) using the hashtag #worldnutelladaysweeps. Although not required we suggest tagging the official Nutella Twitter account @NutellaUSA. If you do not have a Twitter account, you can obtain a free account at https://twitter.com/signup .
Submitting a post using the above methods will result in one entry per social media platform, subject to compliance with these Official Rules. If entering using a mobile device, entry may require data usage or incur data usage charges. Such charges may apply regardless of whether you are successful in posting and entering the Sweepstakes. Check your mobile plan for rates/details. Wireless access may not be available in all areas.
Photos will not be judged, but must comply with the terms of these Official Rules to be deemed a valid entry.
Limit one (1) entry per person, per social media platform, for a total of (3) total entries. Any attempt to use multiple names, Facebook accounts, Instagram accounts or Twitter accounts or other tactics to enter more than the stated limit may result in the disqualification of the Entry by the Sponsor from the Sweepstakes and all associated entries will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or with the intent to subvert the entry process will be void. Entries that are copies or re-posts of another entrant’s photo/post are also void.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry, who have a valid, Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram account as of the time of entry (each an “Entrant”). Employees, agents, directors and officers of Ferrero U.S.A., Inc. (“Sponsor”), Berlin Productions, Inc. (“Administrator”), Williams-Sonoma, Inc., the management and representation of Ms. Hilary Duff (and Ms. Duff herself), and (as applicable) any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives and fulfillment, advertising, marketing and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses), regardless of where they reside, and/or those living in the same household of each such employee/agent/director/officer are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Administrator’s server will be the official timekeeper and recordkeeper for the Sweepstakes. By entering, you agree to these Official Rules, which are binding in all aspects.
3. ENTRY CONTENT GUIDELINES: Entrant’s photo (including, any accompanying caption) for Sweepstakes entry must not, without limitation:
- include any person other than yourself, without their written permission (if a minor [generally, someone under 18 years of age], the written permission of their parent/legal guardian), or otherwise violate the intellectual property rights (including trademark, copyright, right of publicity, right of privacy) of any third party
- contain any anti-social, political, controversial or religious statements, images or descriptions
- include threats to any person, place, business, or group
- include any personal information regarding Entrant or anyone else
- contain advertisements, personal solicitations or commercial solicitations
- contain material that is illegal, inappropriate, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group) as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion
- contain material that advocates aggressive or violent behavior
- contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or other trait
- contain material that disparages or adversely affects the goodwill and business reputation of Sponsor or its Nutella ® hazelnut spread product.
- advocate illegal conduct of any kind or alcohol, tobacco or drug use including e-cigarette products
- make any health claims regarding Nutella® hazelnut spread or suggest/imply that the Nutella® hazelnut spread product should be consumed other than in accordance with the label of same
- contain material that is irrelevant to the theme of the Sweepstakes
- prompt/induce/advocate behaviors in conflict with governmental mandates/measures enacted with the objective of mitigating the spread of Covid and regulating related conduct by members of the public (i.e., removal of masks, gathering without social distancing, anti-vaccine messaging, massive grocery shopping purchase of exaggerated amount/portions)
- Contain any brand names, logos or trademarks (including those that might appear on clothing) other than those of Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry that, in its sole opinion, refers, depicts, or in any way reflects negatively upon the Sponsor, Sponsor’s products, the Sweepstakes, or any other person or entity, or does not comply with these requirements or these Official Rules .
To the extent that your photo includes an endorsement of Nutella® hazelnut spread you represent and warrant that the post/photo is truthful in all material respects and accurately references your actual experience in using the product.
Subject only to those rights retained by Facebook, Inc. Instagram or Twitter (as applicable), entrant grants to Sponsor and its designees the non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable right and license to use, perform, exhibit, edit, distribute, display, reproduce and/or otherwise exploit the post/photo in any manner and in any and all distribution channels, venues or media now known or hereafter devised, without further notice or any compensation to entrant. Entrant further agrees, upon Sponsor’s request and without compensation, to use commercially reasonable efforts to assist Sponsor in obtaining a similar grant of rights from other individuals included in his/her post/photo (to the extent applicable).
PHOTOS REPRESENT SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE APPLICABLE ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. SPONSOR DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION WITH SAME.
Sponsor may acknowledge receipt of photos for entry, including by commenting upon or re-posting them. Should Sponsor choose to do so, any such acknowledgment merely indicates that the post/photo has been received and is not otherwise binding upon Sponsor. Without limiting the foregoing, any such acknowledgment does not constitute any representation as to eligibility of entry or notification of selection as a potential prize winner of the Promotion.
Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for late, lost, garbled/undecipherable, inaccessible, blocked, corrupted, misdirected, incomplete, incorrect or invalid entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account/handle used to enter the Promotion will be deemed to be the entrant.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS : Potential Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing by the Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by Administrator on or about Monday, February 8, 2021.
AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
Potential winners will be notified via direct message (i.e., private message) on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter (depending upon how potential winner entered the Sweepstakes). IT IS THE ENTRANT’S SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO ASSURE THAT HIS/HER PRIVACY SETTINGS ARE CONFIGURED SO AS TO ACCEPT DIRECT MESSAGES FROM Nutella ® hazelnut spread (i.e., @nutellausa [Facebook] @nutella [Instagram] @NutellaUSA [Twitter]) and/or Administrator. THE DIRECT MESSAGE WILL CONTAIN A SECURE LINK FOR ENTRANT TO PROVIDE MAILING INFORMATION. A response is required to such notification within 72 hrs. from the time of first notification (i.e., transmission of direct message) if response is not timely received, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received. In the notification, potential winner will be directed to a prize acceptance form via secure url where he/she will provide his/her additional contact information (e.g., e-mail, name, street address (no PO boxes), city, state and zip code for purposes of winner verification and prize claim.
In the event a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to comply within the 72-hour time period corresponding to each step of the winner notification/verification process, he/she is disqualified for any reason or if the prize is returned as undeliverable to winner), the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor may choose an alternate potential winner in the manner set forth above.
Odds of winning a prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
Five (5) Grand Prizes: Grand Prizes include an exclusive virtual cooking tutorial with Hilary Duff (Celebrity Video Call)*, a $1,000 Williams-Sonoma® gift card(valid for purchases of Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, PBteen, Williams Sonoma Home, West Elm, Mark & Graham, whether made in-store, on-line at applicable brand website or by phone. Gift Card is not redeemable for cash, except where required by law.), and a Nutella baking kit. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each Grand Prize: $1,300.
Five-hundred (500) First Prizes: A 26.5 OZ jar of Nutella with a personalized label. ARV of each First Prize: $33.25
TOTAL ARV of all Prizes: $23,125
Total ARV of all Prizes: $23,125
Williams-Sonoma, Inc.. is in no way a sponsor, endorser, or otherwise associated with this Sweepstakes.
6. Specific Prize Restrictions:
* CELEBRITY VIDEO COOKING EXPERIENCE: The video call with Hilary Duff (“Celebrity”) for the virtual cooking experience (the “Experience”) must occur within sixty (60) days of confirmation of all five (5) Grand Prize Winners and shall take place during the work week at a time to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. (Last week of February 2021 TBD). Should Celebrity not be available for the Experience, for any reason, Sponsor’s sole liability to Grand Prize Winners will be to award the remaining elements of the Grand Prize. Sponsor shall have no obligation to reschedule the Experience or select another celebrity. While under no obligation to do so, if Celebrity is not available, Sponsor may, however, use reasonable commercial efforts to find a substitute celebrity of comparable reputation/renown, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, to host the Experience. Sponsor shall determine the content and all other aspects of the program for the Experience including its length. All Grand Prize Winners will attend the same Experience at the same time, without guests. Grand Prize Winners shall not be permitted to record the Experience or photograph their participation in the Experience without the prior written consent of Sponsor and the management/representation of Celebrity, which may be granted or withheld in their sole discretion and without liability of any kind. Grand Prize Winners must conduct themselves at all times during the Experience in an appropriate, polite and well-behaved manner toward Celebrity, including but not limited to wearing appropriate attire and refraining from making threats, obscene or vulgar statements or gestures or other behavior or actions that would be deemed inappropriate to the reasonable person. Grand Prize Winners must also follow all instructions and guidelines of Sponsor and its representatives when attending the Experience. ANY VIOLATION OF THIS PARAGRAPH WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISCONNECTION FROM THE VIDEO WEB EXPERIENCE CALL AND FORFEITURE OF THE REMAINING ELEMENTS OF THE GRAND PRIZE, WITHOUT THE NEED OF WARNING OF ANY KIND.
PERSONALIZED JARS: Once confirmed, the First Prize Winners will provide the desired name to be placed on the Nutella ® hazelnut spread jar. Words or names that could be deemed to be offensive, illegal, defamatory, derogatory, profane, political or could otherwise be misinterpreted or offensive by the reasonable consumer, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be rejected at Sponsor’s sole discretion in which case First Prize Winner will be asked for another name. First Prizes will be delivered within approximately 4 – 6 weeks of confirming the First Prize Winner.
7. GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit of one (1) prize per person, family, household or address. Terms, conditions and restrictions on Williams-Sonoma gift cards apply, as designated by issuer. No prize transfer or cash redemption allowed except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or prize element) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Any difference between the approximate retail value and actual value of Prize or any substituted prize will not be awarded. Winners are solely responsible for any federal, state, and local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of a Prize not described herein as being awarded as part of a Prize herein. Prizes consist of only the items specifically listed as part of the Prize. All costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize Winners. This includes, without limitation, purchases with Williams-Sonoma gift card in excess of the value of the gift card, costs/expenses in conjunction with accessing the Video Web call and costs/expenses of any ingredients or equipment needed to take part in the Experience. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost or stolen Prizes, or any part thereof (including, without limitation, lost or stolen gift cards), or any issues arising out of or in connection with Winner’s use of a Prize, or any part thereof In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any change of potential winner’s home address, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account (as applicable) or if such account (for potential winner) is incomplete or otherwise defective.
8. GRANT OF RIGHTS: By submitting an Entry, Entrant grants to Sponsor and its authorized agents a royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable right to exploit the content of his/her Entry in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity for editorial, educational, promotional, publicity, advertising or any other purpose on behalf of Sponsor, its parent or its affiliates, without compensation unless specifically prohibited by law and Entrant explicitly acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor reserves the right to publish any or all of the content of post with or without first and last name credit to the Entrant and entries that attempt to restrict this right will not be considered. The Potential Winner hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that he or she may now or later have to their post. The Potential Winner shall execute at Sponsor’s request and without compensation such assignments and other documents as may be necessary to confirm or enact this assignment or any grant of rights set forth herein. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or the Released Parties resulting from Entrant's participation in or attempt to participate in the Promotion, or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Promotion. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Sponsor or the Released Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Promotion: (a) hardware or software errors (b) faulty computer, cable, satellite, network, cellular, electronic, Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems (c) errors or limitations of any Internet or wireless service providers, servers, hosts or other providers (d) garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions (e) failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received (f) lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions (g) inaccessibility of the Nutella® Facebook page or any promotion-related website in whole or in part for any reason (including filtering or other operation of social media platform[s]) (h) traffic congestion on the Internet, on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter or any promotion-related website (i) unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Promotion, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms (j) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, theft or destruction of, unauthorized access to, delay in operation, transmission, distribution of, alteration of, Entry procedure and/or the prize claim procedure , whether caused by the Entrant, or otherwise (k) any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion, or otherwise or (l) destruction of any aspect of the Promotion, or loss, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email address or Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account/handle used in connection with the Promotion. The Released Parties are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the uploading, the processing of Entries or prize claims (as applicable), the announcement of the prizes or any Promotion-related materials. Use of the Nutella® Facebook page/Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any promotion-related website is at user’s own risk. The Released Parties are not responsible for any personal injury, death or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to Entrant’s, or any other person's computer or mobile phone resulting from participation in the Promotion. Sponsor is not responsible for any human error that may occur in the processing of the Sweepstakes.
10. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/GENERAL RULES: By entering the Promotion, each Entrant agrees (a) that Sponsor and its designees shall have the right and permission to use in any manner (unless prohibited by law) Entrant's name, city and state of residence, photographs and/or likeness, and post for advertising and/or trade and/or promotion and/or any other purpose now or hereafter known anywhere in the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to Entrant, except where prohibited by law (b) that Sponsor and its designees shall have the right and permission to (i) alter, amend, edit or change Entries, including the post, prior to distribution and (ii) use, distribute, reproduce, alter, amend and copyright Entries, including any post, photo submitted as an entry of the Promotion for purposes of advertising and trade (including in conjunction with posting on the Nutella® Facebook page and/or the Nutella pages on Twitter or Instagram) without compensation, unless prohibited by law (c) to release the Released Parties as well as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter from all liability and to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties as well as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter from and against any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage to Entrant, or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, infringement or violation of third party rights or personal injury or death to Entrant, or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of (i) the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize (or any part thereof), (ii) participation in or administration of this Promotion, (iii) the use (or non-use) of any entry or any of the rights granted herein (iv) defamation, violation of right of publicity or right of privacy and (v) any element of this Promotion (d) to assume all liability for any injury or damage related to (c) (i)-(v) (e) to be bound by the Official Rules (f) to waive all rights to claim or collect punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages (g) that all causes of action relating to this Promotion will be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action (h) that any and all claims, judgments, or awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and (i) that New York law (without regard to principles of conflict of law/choice of law) shall apply exclusively to the Promotion and that any dispute with respect to the Promotion shall be resolved in either the federal or state courts located in the County of New York, State of New York.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes if Sponsor suspects fraud, technical failures or errors, viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or any other similar causes or factors beyond Sponsor's reasonable control could corrupt, impair or compromise the administration, security, integrity or fairness of the Sweepstakes (or portions thereof), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Should the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) be cancelled or terminated for any of the aforementioned reasons, the Sweepstakes will be conducted in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event the Sweepstakes is cancelled or terminated, notice will be posted on the Nutella® Facebook page as well as on the Nutella pages on Instagram and Twitter. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials, including without limitation, the Nutella® Facebook page or any promotion-related website and the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entry information, including the post/photo, becomes property of Sponsor.
Any damage made to Nutella® Facebook page or any promotion-related website will be the responsibility of the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail account associated with the damage in question. Any Entries suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed, or similar methods of participation) may be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor/Administrator. Sponsor/Administrator reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to prohibit the participation of or disqualify an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected in connection with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules, if an individual is acting in violation of these Official Rules or is acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If an Entrant submits more than the stated number of Entries permitted (i.e., more than one  entry per social platform), and/or if Sponsor suspects that an Entrant attempted to obtain additional Entries by using multiple e-mail addresses, IP Addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, all suspect Entries submitted by the Entrant may be declared null and void. Sponsor’s/Administrator’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision.
11. NOTICE TO ENTRANTS : ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY PROMOTION-RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES AND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE PROMOTION AND/OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROMOTION. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED THIRTEEN DOLLARS ($13.00). WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS PROMOTION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED (IN WHOLE OR IN PART) DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, PANDEMIC/EPIDEMIC, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
14. WINNERS’ LIST : You may request a winners’ list by mail by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to World Nutella Day Fans of the Year Sweepstakes c/o Berlin Productions, 870 Locke Ln Yorktown Heights, NY 10598. Requests must be received by March 15, 2021.
15. SPONSOR: Ferrero U.S.A., Inc., 7 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ 07054
16. ADMINISTRATOR : Berlin Productions, Inc., 870 Locke Ln, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598.
Watch the video: Εορτασμός Παγκόσμιας Ημέρας Χορού, Καισαριανή 29 Απριλίου 2021 (December 2021).