The potatoes are washed and boiled in their skins, with a little salt.
During this time, peel the onion and garlic and chop them finely, then boil them in 100 ml of water, until it drops completely.
Add the minced meat and spices, simmering, until the meat is well done.
Grate the cheese and beat the egg with sour cream and a pinch of salt.
When the potatoes are cooked, peel them and cut them into thick slices of about 0.5 cm.
In the tray you use, place thin slices of butter and continue with alternating layers of potatoes, minced meat and grated cheese. Be sure to finish with cheese, and on top, pour the beaten egg and place the olives.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, so that everything has a pleasant copper color.
Serve immediately, with sour cream or pickles or as it is.
How to make Transylvanian moss
Musacaua is a food of Turkish origin prepared from minced meat and slices of eggplant, potatoes or pumpkin, placed in alternating layers and baked in the oven. There are many recipes for moussaka. We thought to stop, today, on the Transylvanian moss recipe.
- 2 kilograms of red potatoes
- one kilogram of minced pork
- homemade paprika
- 100 grams of black olives.
Method of preparation:
- wash the potatoes and boil them in their skins with a little salt.
- While the potatoes are boiling, peel the onion and garlic, chop them finely, then boil them in 100 milliliters of water, until it drops completely.
- add the minced meat and spices, leaving it on low heat until the meat is well done.
- Grate the cheese and beat the egg with sour cream and a pinch of salt.
- after they have boiled the potatoes, peel them and cut them into thick slices of approx. 0.5 cm.
- Place thin slices of butter in the pan and continue with alternating layers of potatoes, minced meat and grated cheese. Be sure to finish with cheese, and on top, pour the beaten egg and place the olives.
- put the mixture in the preheated oven for half an hour, so that everything has a pleasant copper color.
Serbian stew of lamb
Serbian lamb stew recipe with potatoes, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes and white wine
Serbian omelette recipe prepared with bell peppers, green onions, tomatoes and greens
Potato bite with beef
Potato mousse recipe with beef and tomato sauce, prepared with milk, eggs, butter and greens
Potato mousse with mutton
Potato mousse recipe with minced mutton, served with tomato sauce prepared with flour, broth and vegetables
Wash and wipe the eggplants, without peeling them. Cut them into 1/2 cm thick slices, put them in a bowl sprinkled with 1 tablespoon of salt, turn them slightly so that the salt reaches both sides and let them sit for 30 minutes.
Wash them in two cold waters, squeeze them by lightly pressing them between your hands, without crushing them and let them drain. Heat them in hot butter on both sides and drain the excess fat using absorbent napkins.
In the remaining butter, heat, sauté the onion and garlic, chopped, then the meat, until it changes color. Add the peeled tomatoes and cut into cubes, broth, oregano, cinnamon and cumin and simmer, without a lid, over low heat, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste, then set aside.
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce as follows: heat the flour a little, without changing its color, in hot butter and slowly pour the milk, stirring constantly, over low heat, until it thickens. Remove from the heat, add the grated cheese, salt, pepper to taste, mix well and leave to cool. Add the yolks, mix well, then the beaten egg whites, stirring gently.
In a heat-resistant dish, place alternately layers of eggplant (slightly overlapping) and mixture with meat, the last layer being eggplant. Pour the sauce on top, then garnish, sprinkling evenly, the cheese composition mixed with breadcrumbs.
Put in the oven, on the right heat, for 45-60 minutes or until a beautifully browned pojghita is formed on top. Remove the dish from the oven and wait 5 minutes before serving.
During this time, decorate the moussaka with tomato slices and green onion tails, cut into thin slices (optional) or according to your own imagination.
A delicious bite, like the lands of sunny Greece, where this dish comes from.
Follow the tips and steps and you will prepare the best bite!