Pastry-rolled cocktail franks are undergoing a newfound wave of popularity, appearing everywhere from wedding halls to backyard barbecues. Tapping into this trend, Samuel Adams has teamed up with Chef David Burke to create three unique pigs in a blanket recipes that are easy to execute and perfect for summer entertaining.
Samuel Adams Summer Ale Tasting Notes from Samuel Adams Brewer Jennifer Glanville:
• The combination of the Grains of Paradise and lemon zest in the beer adds layers of bright and spicy flavors to this savory dish.
• The distinct flavors of miso - salty, sweet, savory and earthy - are brought forward by the peppery character from the Grains of Paradise, while the bright lemon flavor balances the acidic, sweet taste of the mirin and the honey.
Samuel Adams Beers of Summer Pairing:
In addition to Samuel Adams Summer Ale, this dish can be paired with Samuel Adams Belgian Session. With crisp notes of fruit, toffee and caramel, Samuel Adams Belgian Session is a great accompaniment to the subtle sweetness of the Summer Ale Honey Mustard Miso, as well as the heat of the Togarashi spice.
For the Standard Pigs in a Blanket:
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Dijon mustard, to brush
- 1 Pound Kobe beef cocktail franks (if unavailable, any high-quality cocktail frank will do)
- Eggs, to wash
For the Samuel Adams Summer Ale Honey Mustard Miso:
- 1/2 Cup miso paste
- 1/4 Cup Samuel Adams Summer Ale
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup mirin
- Salt and pepper, to taste