- Meat and poultry
- Beef mince
This is an easy home version of traditional Russian golubtsy (stuffed cabbage leaves). No stuffing needed in this case!
Be the first to make this!
- 1 head cabbage, leaves separated and shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 250g pork mince
- 250g beef mince
- 100g rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons soured cream
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:35min
- Heat butter in a large frying pan. Brown cabbage in butter. Add onion and shredded carrots. Fry till softened, about 10 minutes.
- Combine ground pork and beef with rice. Add cooled cabbage, carrots and onion. Mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
- Shape into balls or patties and arrange in a large pot.
- Stir tomato puree and soured cream till smooth. Add some water to make very thin sauce and pour into the pot. Add salt, bay leaf and and garlic cloves.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer covered, for 25 to 30 minutes.
You can also bake these in the oven. Simply arrange in a baking dish, add a little water and bake. Turn over once to make sure rice is cooked evenly, and dd water as needed.