It is a light but consistent salad that goes very well as a side dish with meat or meat dishes
- 1 cup of couscous (from that special little thing that is made instantly)
- 1 cup chicken soup and / or hot water
- 2 well-ripened tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion
- green bell peppers (1/4)
- 1 cucumber
- 3-4 lettuce leaves
- salt, pepper, olive oil, vinegar
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Salad with couscous:
- Boil water / soup and pour over the couscous and leave for 5 minutes. Then mix lightly with a spoon to loosen the berries.
- We cut the tomatoes into cubes; we do the same with peppers and cucumbers; finely chop the onion and cut the lettuce into strips.
- Mix all the ingredients and finally season with salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar.
- It is served with meat or meat dishes.
Couscous salad from: couscous, peppers, cucumbers, green onions, olives, tomatoes, pine seeds, lemon, water, oregano, mint, salt, pepper.
- 1 cup of pre-cooked couscous
- 1 suitable red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 5 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- 1 large, chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup ripe pine seeds
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
Method of preparation:
For the salad, in a small saucepan, boil 3 3/4 cups of water. Take the pot off the heat. Put it on. Set aside, with the bowl covered, for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally with a fork.
In a separate bowl, combine red pepper, cucumber, onion, olives and tomato. Then add the couscous and the ripe pine seeds and mix.
In a jar with a screw cap, mix the lemon juice, water, oregano, mint, salt and pepper for the sauce. Screw on the lid and shake well.
1. Prepare the couscous according to the instructions on the package. Generally, put in a bowl a cup of hot water to a cup of couscous, a little salt, cover with cling film and leave to soak for about 15 minutes. For a special flavor you can use chicken, beef or vegetable soup, instead of water.
2. After the couscous has cooled, squeeze the lemon over it and add five tablespoons of olive oil.
3. Cut the tomatoes and cucumbers into small cubes.
4. Cut the onion into rounds and place them over the couscous.
5. Add the parsley and a few finely chopped mint leaves.
6. Season couscous salad with salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Couscous is a very popular food in Eastern countries, such as Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Libya, Egypt and Israel. Because it does not have a certain taste, it goes great with other delicious dishes. Prepare couscous salad as a stand-alone dish or use it with your favorite foods.
8 Replies to & ldquoCouscous salad with vegetables & rdquo
Thanks for all the recipes. Get rid of this that I will test tomorrow, please tell me how to infuse couscous. As for quantities, I mean. How much water per 1 / 2canacus cus e.g. Thank you very much!
My dear, I also wrote in the recipe. I put 120ml of water on 50g of couscous. But depending on the type of couscous you have, it is possible to absorb more fluid. Try to see if the beans are soft, if not, add a little more boiling water. Many kisses!
Hi. How old are the babies?
..Thank you & # 8230 ..
Termi is 2 years old now :). Even more breastfeeding before the dwarves, I started weaning about a month ago. Until then, he sucked on demand whenever he wanted. Many kisses!
Be healthy. Thanks for everything.
Thank you very much for the recipes. My baby is a year old but still eating blended. I was very inspired by these recipes
dearly! You will definitely pop the dishes soon! many kisses!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Here's how easy and quick we prepare the recipe for lettuce with vegetables and couscous.
First we prepare the couscous.
Put a pot of 125 ml of boiling water. When it starts to boil, add 14 teaspoons of salt and a teaspoon of garden herbs and mix. Pour the hot mixture over the couscous and cover the bowl. Let the couscous hydrate for 10 minutes, stirring periodically.
Meanwhile, we prepare the rest of the ingredients. Wash the vegetables well, clean the heads and stalks, respectively, then chop them into cubes and add them to a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with salt and gradually add lemon juice and olive oil. We mix the vegetables and taste them, as we season them with the dressing of lemon juice, olive oil and salt, so as to obtain the taste we like.
After the couscous has hydrated and cooled, we mix it with the vegetables in the salad bowl.
We break the lettuce, or cut it into fringes and add it to the salad bowl only at the time of serving, so as not to oxidize.
It is a tasty, filling, but also cool salad.
* Remember that I am waiting for you every day facebook page of the blog with many recipes, new ideas and many other news.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds, where you will be able to upload your photos with dishes from the blog, we will be able to discuss menus, recipes and much more.
- 350g boiled chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons tahinni (sesame paste)
- 3 or 4 Romanian garlic cloves
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- half a boiled beet
- 50-100ml water depending on how creamy you want the hummus
- salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare salad:
Finely chop the parsley, green onion, mint, sunflower microplants and coriander. Cut the fresh and juicy tomatoes into cubes. Put in a blender or cauliflower until it reaches the size of a grain of rice. If you want you can replace cauliflower with bulgur or cus cus that you will hydrate in hot water.
Then mix all the ingredients and you're done!
How to prepare Hummus with Beets!
Add all the ingredients indicated above in the blender and mix (vrum vrum vrum) until everything becomes creamy! Add the water little by little to reach the consistency you want!
All you have to do is enjoy this nutritional rainbow with your loved ones!
Boil a cup of water with a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of oil, pour boiling water over the couscous and cover with cling film, leave for 10-15 minutes to hydrate for the couscous with a small grain and 5 min for the fine couscous, loosen with a fork and let it cool.
Lightly mix in a bowl the couscous with sliced red pepper, sliced cucumber, sliced tomatoes, finely chopped hot pepper, lemon juice and olive oil, season with salt and serve.
A salad to which you can add olives or other seasonal vegetables.
How to prepare salad recipe to go with couscous
First prepare the salad sauce. Mix the ingredients in a bowl, then pour into the jar.
Put the couscous in a bowl, add hot water and occasionally mix with a fork.
Wash cucumbers and tomatoes and cut into cubes.
Put the olives, cucumbers, tomatoes, chilled couscous in the jar, and parsley leaves on top.
Close the jar and put it in the fridge.
EIt is easy to transport and is a delicious lunch at the office or at school.