This is a great summer pasta recipe. The sauce is not cooked, so all you have to do is boil the pasta, then combine with a fresh tasting array of herbs, olives, tomato and feta cheese.
18 people made this
- 450g fresh fettuccine pasta
- 5 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 45g chopped fresh basil
- 70g pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 150g crumbled feta cheese
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:25min
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add fettuccine and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, onion, basil, olives and black pepper.
- Toss the fettuccine with olive oil. Serve pasta topped with tomato mixture and feta cheese.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(18)
Reviews in English (14)
We altered this recipe by making a dressing of olive oil, red wine vinegar and sugar and added it to the tomato mixture. It turned out really well!-02 Sep 2001
by Michelle Bovenkamp
If I could give this 10 Stars, I would!!! This was one of the best pasta dishes I have ever HAD, let alone MADE! My husband had SECONDS and finished the bowl! I nearly licked my plate clean! We will make this again and again!-13 Aug 2005
This has become a definite favorite at our house. We love it! I also suggested it to a friend whose family loved it, too. I made a few changes though. First, I use angel hair pasta instead, a 28 oz. can of chopped tomatoes instead of fresh, 1/3 cup basil instead of a whole cup and add a small can of chopped black olives. I make this on a regular basis and never tire of it!-23 Mar 2003