- Dish type
- Main course
- Stew and casserole
A favourite at our house - a yummy rich goulash minus the meat. You can substitute the Quorn for tofu that's been shallow fried or sliced mushrooms. Hope you enjoy!
124 people made this
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 100g Quorn pieces
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or chopped
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1 (400g) tin of chopped tomatoes
- 100ml red wine
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:35min ›Ready in:45min
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat, and saute the onion for 5 minutes, until tender.
- Mix in the pepper and quorn and saute for 5 minutes, or until the pepper is tender. Stir in the garlic and paprika.
- Add the tomatoes with their juice. Mix in the wine, oregano and tomato puree. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 25 minutes, until thickened.
- Just before serving, stir in the sugar and season with salt and pepper.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(49)
Reviews in English (36)
Used different ingredients.I added several spices, sort of whatever I had to hand. I made it slightly spicy by adding chilli powder, and added more paprika and more garlic.-06 Oct 2008
With some more spices added, this was delicious. I didn't miss the meat at all.-06 Oct 2008
Very nice and easy too-14 Apr 2010