- Dish type
- Chocolate fudge
This is a sinfully sweet and decadent fudge that is easy to make - no sugar thermometer required! Chocolate, marshmallows and peanut butter come together to make a fudge the kids will love.
84 people made this
- 150g butter
- 900g caster sugar
- 1 (397g) can evaporated milk
- 400g white marshmallows
- 900g plain chocolate, chopped
- 500g peanut butter
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:7min ›Extra time:1hr chilling › Ready in:1hr22min
- Grease a 20x30cm baking dish. Set aside.
- Bring butter, sugar and evaporated milk to the boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Boil for 5 to 7 minutes, then remove from heat and quickly stir in the marshmallows and chocolate until the chocolate has melted and is fully incorporated. Pour chocolate mixture into the prepared baking dish. Dot the top of the fudge with peanut butter. Swirl a knife through the fudge and peanut butter to create a marbled effect.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Cut into squares for serving.
If you can source 'marshmallow creme' or 'marshmallow fluff', use 400g of that instead of the marshmallows. Marshmallow Fluff is a popular brand and is available in specialty shops and via Ocado.
Secrets to fudge success
Read our Making perfect fudge article to learn a few secret tips and tricks to making perfect fudge every time.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(87)
Reviews in English (79)
Easy to make and tasted very sweet. Best kept in the fridge as it starts to soften quickly when left out. Not sure if I did something wrong, but needed two baking tins as it wouldn't all fit in one - not complaining though !-30 Oct 2010
by mary jane kail
This fudge was fantastic. My only regret was that I didn't find the recipe before Christmas. I followed the recipe exactly and the only thing I would change is add nuts next time. It did take more cooking time (about 30 minutes) but that could have been because my butter was cold from the fridg. I'll warn you...this makes a lot. I poured it into two 9x13 cookie sheets. The peanut butter addition really made this special. Everyone loved it and I will definitely make this again and again. Thanks for sharing this recipe.-01 Feb 2010
by donna b
I have tried all my life to make fudge. I have tried so many recipes and this is the only one I could get to work and it tastes great--my boys love it, I can't keep it in the house!!-27 Jan 2010