- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
This easy one-pan chicken teriyaki recipe is full of flavour and a healthier alternative to a Chinese takeaway. Serve with veggie fried rice for a quick and easy family friendly supper.
40 people made this
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 180ml teriyaki sauce
- 180ml dry white wine
- 8 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh root ginger
- 4 spring onions, cut into 1cm pieces
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:35min
- Heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, and brown the chicken breasts on both sides, about 6 minutes per side.
- Whisk together the teriyaki sauce, white wine, orange marmalade, garlic, ginger and spring onions in a bowl, and pour the sauce over the chicken. Cover the frying pan, reduce heat to low, and simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the middle, turning the chicken in the sauce several times as it cooks, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(47)
Reviews in English (35)
OMG, to this is to DIE for. I used a little cornstarch to thicken the sauce, and watched the chicken to make sure it didn't overcook. Otherwise, simple and tasty. Even my picky teenagers had seconds! It's a keeper!-07 Feb 2010
Top Notch As Is! For my hubby's palette, however, I increased the garlic to 3 cloves and halved the ginger. Additionally, if you brown the chicken in sesame oil, you'll really be able to taste the compliment against the orange. GREAT and EASY recipe!-09 Feb 2010