- Dish type
A good use for leftover rice. Can be served hot or cold.
103 people made this
- 400ml (14 fl oz) water
- 200g (7 oz) uncooked brown rice
- 85g (3 oz) sultanas
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 225ml (8 fl oz) unsweetened soya milk
- 60g (2 oz) toasted and chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:55min ›Ready in:1hr5min
- In a medium saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cooked rice, sultanas, maple syrup, soya milk, almonds, cinnamon and cardamom. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Immediately reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, until thickened about 5 to 8 minutes. Spoon into bowls and serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(100)
Reviews in English (83)
sooo tasty..tasted very indulgent,, its like having pudding for breakfast-19 Apr 2009
Used different ingredients.I agree! I needed to add a touch more milk to loosen it up a bit-19 Apr 2009
Altered ingredient amounts.I loved this!!!! I only used 3T of maple syrup. It did require addtional soya milk as it was kinda dry, but no big deal to add that as you cook it. Loved it!-24 Jul 2008