- Dish type
- Brown bread
- Wholemeal bread
This recipe is for a bread machine. The bread has a crunchy crust, but a light, moist middle.
53 people made this
- 60g (2 oz) brown rice
- 150ml (5 fl oz) water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200ml (7 fl oz) warm water
- 400g (14 oz) bread flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried active baking yeast
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:3hr ›Ready in:3hr20min
- In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Place cooked rice and remaining ingredients into the bread machine pan. Select cycle; press Start.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(45)
Reviews in English (42)
Is the rice weight the cooked or uncooked weight??-24 Mar 2016
Actually ok. Didn't tell my family what was in it until they had tried it, and they couldn't tell there was rice in it. Worth giving it a try as provides a decent loaf.-04 Aug 2014
It would be helpful to know the setting this bread was baked on please, as this would make a great bread for wheat intolerance diet.-14 Sep 2012