- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
A deliciously different way to prepare Brussels sprouts, and easy to boot as they're made in the microwave. If you can't find it, use another type of smoked sausage, or try smoked bacon.
22 people made this
- 550g Brussels sprouts
- 170g diced kielbasa sausage
- 250ml vegetable juice, such as V8
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon butter
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:16min ›Ready in:26min
- Place Brussels sprouts in a 2 litre microwave safe casserole dish, cover, and cook 8 minutes.
- Stir in kielbasa, tomato juice, pepper, salt, garlic granules, butter and oregano. Cover and return to microwave and cook for 8 minutes more, or until tender.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(19)
Reviews in English (12)
This is a really nice way to make brussel sprouts. It was fast, easy and delicious. I did omit the butter and thought it was still good. I will make this again.-06 Jun 2002
Probably not many people like brussel sprouts but we do and this is a great lowfat, low calorie recipe if you use turkey sausage. You could also use cabbage and some canned new potatoes for a great one dish meal. Thanks for this great recipe.-30 Mar 2003
I made this for my fiance and his roommate. They went nuts over them. I rated this a 5 star since it was delicious and super easy! Also, I used left over bloody mary mix instead of the tomato-vegetable juice cocktail.-25 Feb 2006