- Dish type
- Starters with eggs
- Devilled eggs
This is a simple devilled egg recipe, except that Chinese hot mustard is used - giving the eggs quite a kick. You can of course use different mustards and adjust the proportions to suit your tastes.
24 people made this
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Chinese hot mustard
- 2 teaspoons regular mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika, for garnish
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:12min ›Extra time:15min cooling › Ready in:37min
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to the boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
- Slice eggs in half lengthways and remove yolks. Place yolks in a medium bowl, and mash together with mayonnaise, mustards, salt and pepper.
- Fill the hollowed egg whites with the egg yolk mixture. Garnish with paprika. Chill in the refrigerator until serving.
Find spicy Chinese mustard in Chinese / Oriental shops or online.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(27)
Reviews in English (19)
by CHRISTY PALMER
Yuck! I hate to give a bad review but these were just awful and it was a shame to waste the eggs on this recipe. I threw out the entire thing as no one could even manage to get past the first bite.-03 Dec 2002
Very good recipe just made a couple of changes. I doubled the hot mustard (my family loves hot and spicy foods) and added some dill. I am now in charge of making Deviled Eggs for EVERY function. Thanks for the wonderful recipe.-05 Jan 2007