- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
This is a quickly and easily prepared broccoli side dish. This recipe can also be made with frozen broccoli.
241 people made this
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 60g (2 oz) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 30g (1 oz) slivered or flaked almonds
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:15min
- Steam or boil broccoli until tender, approximately 4 to 8 minutes. Drain.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice, zest and almonds. Toss with hot broccoli, and serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(234)
Reviews in English (173)
Altered ingredient amounts.I made this to accompany steaks. Like others suggested, I toasted the almonds and used less lemon (no zest but I squeezed half a lemon). The end result was phenomenal. The almonds gave the broccoli a woodsy flavour and a nice crunch. Thank you!-24 Jul 2008
Yummy, but a little too lemony as other have said. I would definitely make it again though, with less lemon!-27 Nov 2010
I loved this! I used the juice and zest from half a lemon and that was perfect. I also did toast the almonds just a bit. So delicious.. the almonds added texture and the sauce added flavour without overpowering the broccoli. I will be making this again and I think it would work with asparagus or green beans.-17 Jan 2015