- Dish type
- Green salad
- Watercress salad
This is a delightful way to use chicory in a salad, which is served with apple, watercress, walnuts, blue cheese and an intriguing homemade dresseing.
7 people made this
- 1 tablespoon cottage cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 chicory, trimmed and leaves separated
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 15g stemmed watercress leaves
- 60g chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
MethodPrep:15min ›Ready in:15min
- Mash the cottage cheese and garlic with a fork in a small mixing bowl until smooth. Add the cider vinegar, walnut oil and salt and pepper; mix to blend, then set aside.
- Arrange the chicory leaves onto two plates in a circle with the tips pointing out. Place the apple into the centre of the plates, then sprinkle with watercress, walnuts and blue cheese. Top with the cottage cheese dressing to serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (7)
Amended this slightly- did not use the cottage cheese. Also put the apples in the middle with honey, raisins, and grated carrot.-18 Jan 2009