- Pasta bakes
- Vegetable lasagne
- Spinach lasagne
A delicious version of lasagne for those of us who are health conscious.
182 people made this
- 9 wholewheat lasagne sheets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 450g minced turkey breast
- 700ml passata
- 50g sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons dried Italian herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 175g chopped fresh spinach
- 500g light ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 225g grated mozzarella cheese
MethodPrep:25min ›Cook:25min ›Extra time:5min cooling › Ready in:55min
- Preheat an oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Cook lasagne sheets in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 2 minutes. Add minced turkey and cook 5 to 7 minutes more, stirring to break up any large chunks of meat. Stir in passata, mushrooms, Italian herbs, black pepper and garlic granules. Simmer for 2 minutes and season to taste.
- Combine spinach, ricotta and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- To assemble, arrange 3 sheets lengthways in the bottom of a greased 20x30cm baking dish. Spread with 1/3 the ricotta mixture, 1/3 of the turkey mixture and 1/3 of the mozzarella. Repeat layers, ending with remaining mozzarella. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
I kick this up with 1 tablespoon of crushed red chilli flakes.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(156)
Reviews in English (107)
I didnt use wholewheat lasagne sheets, but I stll think it was healthy for a lasagne! Really yummy-11 Dec 2012
I didn't pre cook the pasta I just cooked the whole thing for 40 mins at 180 in a fan oven. I had to use mascarpone as couldn't find ricotta! it was a bit messy when building it but very tasty! I used extra nutmeg and topped with normal cheese as the mozzarella - even when sliced really thin wasn't enough to top it off . Gorgeous though and we had 4 extra portions for another few days!-29 Jun 2015
This was delicious and easy to make...The whole family enjoyed it..I used minced turkey leg instead (didnt realise until after) used about 700 g so added 2 onions and more passata and the spinach came in 200g bags so used all that.. also used 250g mozzarella cheese.will definitely make again-16 Apr 2013