- Dish type
- Chocolate traybakes
These kosher brownies are extremely chocolaty and fudgy - they do not taste like they should be kosher for Passover, but they are!!!
3 people made this
- 110g cooking chocolate
- 225g butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 400g caster sugar
- 60ml strong brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons kosher for Passover vanilla extract
- 150g potato starch
- 6 tablespoons matzo cake meal
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 175g plain chocolate chips
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:30min ›Extra time:50min › Ready in:1hr40min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease two 20cm square baking tins.
- Melt cooking chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler over simmering water; stir to mix well. Beat the eggs and egg whites together in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until very fluffy, about 5 minutes. Gently stir the butter and chocolate mixture, sugar, coffee and vanilla flavouring into the egg mixture, and beat well to combine.
- Mix together all of the potato starch, all of the matzo cake meal, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl. Beat the dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture with electric mixer until fluffy and thoroughly combined. Gently fold the chocolate chips into the batter, and divide between the 2 prepared tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a skewer inserted into the centre of a tin shows moist crumbs, 25 to 30 minutes.