- Oily fish
- Salmon fillet
I first created this salmon dish just out of ingredients I had on hand. It's pretty rich in flavour, but not so high in fat (depending on what kind of ingredients you use). Enjoy!
92 people made this
- 1 (900g) salmon fillet, bones removed
- 75g crumbled feta cheese
- 5 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, ground
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 5 tablespoons panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) or regular dried breadcrumbs
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:35min ›Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil, and lightly oil. Place salmon on foil and set aside.
- Mix together feta cheese, mayonnaise, cream cheese, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder and garlic granules in a bowl until smooth. Spread mixture over salmon, then sprinkle breadcrumbs over top, covering completely.
- Bake in preheated oven until easily flaked with a fork, about 35 to 45 minutes.
Onion powder is available in Asian markets; in a pinch, try simply omitting it from the recipe.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(112)
Reviews in English (88)
by What a Dish!
Mmmm- I absolutely loved this!! The feta was so good! I used sundried tomato and herb feta. I totally omitted the extra salt and it was perfect. I didn't want to open my block of cream cheese for just one tablespoon, so I used 2% fat Greek yogurt instead of the cream cheese. Unfortunately I am out of panko crumbs so I had to use regular. I only had to bake about 25 minutes- I think the time listed is too long. Watch it carefully, as you really don't want to overcook salmon. We had broccoli, steamed rice, and sliced avocado with this. Loved it!-16 Dec 2007
This is such a great tasting way to serve salmon. I've tried it on chicken too, though it isn't as good. I changed nothing about this recipe. I make this at least a couple times a month- my husband and I both love it.-09 Jul 2008
by gderr the dysfunctional
excellent! i added diced fresh basil and tomatos, green onions, and shallots. this is a keeper! thanks for a keeper...next time this will be grilled if it's not flooding!-04 May 2010