- Dish type
- Baked cheesecake
This is my husband's favourite cheesecake recipe. Get creative with the type of biscuit base you use - while digestive is delicious, you could also try ginger nut biscuits, chocolate biscuits, etc.
51 people made this
- 405g cream cheese, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 120ml milk
- 1 (23cm) digestive biscuit base
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:40min ›Extra time:8hr chilling › Ready in:8hr55min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar and egg by hand. Gradually mix in flour. Stir in vanilla. Blend in milk until smooth; add more liquid if mixture is too thick to pour. Pour into prepared biscuit base.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Refrigerate overnight.
For more easy tips on how to make a perfect cheesecake, check out our Perfect cheesecake tips how-to guide.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(51)
Reviews in English (41)
I've tried a couple of different cheesecake receipies and keep coming back to this one. The flour gives the cheesecake a little extra creaminess. Love it!-05 May 2003
I made my own crust which added to the prep time but it was still very easy and quick to make. Also I used fat free cream cheese but the result was still very creamy and tasty.-25 Feb 2001