- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
You can modify this recipe to include any veggies you choose. It's a great way to use up leftover rice.
239 people made this
- 275g uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500g broccoli florets
- 3 spring onions, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:30min
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium heat. Sauté broccoli until tender but still crisp, and add spring onions. Remove from frying pan. Scramble eggs; return broccoli mixture to pan. Stir in cooked rice, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
Allow the rice to sit a moment to cool after it's finished cooking. This will prevent it from getting mushy when you fry it. This dish is best, however, using leftover rice.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(194)
Reviews in English (142)
Something else.this is lovely but is absaloutely scrumptious with orange and apple.-29 Sep 2009
Made it healthier.i added wholegrain rice, carrots and colliflower to the mix. i also used a soy sauce made with LO salt and with no added GM.-04 Jun 2010
it was absaloutely delicous the best leftover rice ive tasted 5 stars :-D :-D-29 Sep 2009