- Oily fish
- Whole salmon
This hot and sweet salmon recipe is just as good in the oven as it is on the barbecue. This is my dad's recipe. Serve with new potatoes, corn and green salad.
24 people made this
- 1 (900g) whole salmon fillet
- 3 tablespoons mustard powder
- 110g dark brown soft sugar
- 1/2 lemon
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:40min
- Preheat an oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
- Place the salmon onto a baking tray lined with aluminium foil with the skin side down. Rub the mustard into the flesh of the salmon and then spread the dark brown soft sugar evenly over the fish. Squeeze the lemon over the salmon. Bring the edges of the foil together and seal into a parcel.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 25 to 30 minutes.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(15)
Reviews in English (13)
Altered ingredient amounts.Added my favourite fresh herb, torn Basil leaves works just as well with fresh Dill-03 Apr 2011
This was great! So easy to prepare. Used a 1lb. salmon at 400 degrees for 20 minutes and came out amazing. Will defintely share this recipe and make again.-12 Nov 2008