- Meat and poultry
- Beef stir fry
Steak and broccoli are quickly stir fried in a soy ginger sauce. Serve over hot over steamed rice.
1045 people made this
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 300g (11 oz) beef stock
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 450g (16 oz) frying steak, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 350g (12 oz) chopped fresh broccoli
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:25min
- In a small bowl, combine flour, stock, sugar and soy sauce. Stir until sugar and flour are dissolved.
- In a large frying pan or wok over high heat, stir fry steak 2 to 4 minutes, or until browned. Stir in stock mixture, ginger, garlic and broccoli. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1090)
Reviews in English (814)
Used different ingredients.I fried an onion with the beef. Which was very tasty.-21 Oct 2008
Used different ingredients.I gave this recipe five stars because it is an excellent recipe. I made some changes to my taste, but that's because I like food somewhat spicy. The first change that I made was to cook the steak until tender before adding vegetables. I also added one sliced onion to the simmering the meat. I also doubled the marinade and the sauce based on previous comments and also because I think I had more meat than the recipe called for. I added chilli oil, chilli garlic paste and substituted one teaspoon of sesame oil for oyster sauce. My brocolli beef stood up to the best Chinese restaurants. My husband and I both enjoyed this recipe. It's easy to prepare and a must try. I don't think you can really go wrong because you can add anything you like and it would probably still be good. It has an excellent foundation to work with.-15 Sep 2008
Was rather too sweet for my taste - would probably halve the sugar next time, and possibly use less flour as well.-01 Feb 2010