- Meat and poultry
- Leftover chicken
This is a wonderful way to use up leftover chicken from a Sunday roast. This colourful salad combines all of the fresh Cuban flavours I grew up with.
26 people made this
- 175g chopped cos lettuce
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 150g avocado, diced
- 1/2 red or yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 (400g) tin black beans, drained
- 200g diced fresh or tinned pineapple
- 400g cooked chicken meat, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
MethodPrep:15min ›Ready in:15min
- Toss the lettuce with the onion, avocado and peppers in a large bowl. Divide among four salad plates. Top each salad with a mound of black beans, some pineapple chunks and the chopped chicken.
- Whisk together the olive oil with the garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle this dressing over each salad along with a little lime juice.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(25)
Reviews in English (16)
A healthy and fresh tasting salad that is very different from our usual salads. I ended up making a little extra of the dressing, (I would recommend doubling it), but otherwise followed the recipe. I will make this again.-08 Mar 2011
by Sharon M.
This salad is so good. I wasn't sure that all of the flavors would go together, especially the pineapple. But it works. And the dressing is wonderful!-12 Jun 2008
A salad that never gets boring!! Great as a main dish .. I doubled up the pineapple serving though because they are a great addition. I also added a four cheese mexican mix to it! Everything is better with cheese!-30 Mar 2011