- Root vegetables
- Potato side dishes
These are deliciously different chips, with an extra crispy coating of maize flour and Cajun seasoning. (Don't use cornflour - it is not the same!)
22 people made this
- 900g potatoes, cut into chips
- 125g maize flour
- 2 tablespoons polenta (cornmeal)
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1L oil for deep frying
- salt to taste
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:25min
- Place cut potatoes into a large bowl of cold water. Soak for 10 minutes. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the maize flour, polenta and Cajun seasoning. Shake the bag to blend. Drain the potatoes, but leave them wet. Place the chips in the plastic bag with the seasoning, and shake to coat.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Cook chips in hot oil for 7 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the fryer to kitchen paper to drain. Season with a small amount of salt.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(22)
Reviews in English (15)
Excellent recipe - I tried to cut down on the oil and dipped pototoes in oil instead, coated them and roasted in oven. Turned out good also-31 Jan 2005