- Oily fish
- Sauce for salmon
This salmon recipe is so simple yet so full of flavour. Serve with a green salad.
140 people made this
- 1 (680g) skinless centre-cut salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 250ml milk
- 4 tablespoons fine breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Extra time:15min marinating › Ready in:40min
- Preheat an oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Prepare a baking tray by lightly oiling or lining with baking parchment.
- Place the salmon fillets in a baking dish; pour the milk over the fillets. Allow the salmon to soak in the milk 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese together in a wide, deep bowl. Beat the egg in a separate bowl until frothy. Remove the salmon fillets from the milk; shake the excess milk off the fish. Dip each fillet into the beaten egg and then gently press into the breadcrumb mixture to coat; gently shake to remove the excess.
- Bake in the preheated oven, turning once, until the salmon flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- While the salmon bakes, stir the butter, mustard and honey together in a bowl; drizzle over the baked salmon to serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(95)
Reviews in English (74)
Delicious, quick and easy, perfect for a weeknight meal. I have made this once with whole grain mustard in the sauce and once with Dijon mustard, both were really nice.-26 Oct 2013
Really tasty nom nom-12 Aug 2015
This was a tasty dish mainly because of the honey mustard dressing. However, I didn't think the bread crumb coating added much to the dish. Next time I will probably skip this step. I will also double the amount of honey used in the dressing.-23 Jun 2009