- Seafood pasta
- Prawn pasta
This is a simple pasta dish with prawns that is big on flavour. Fines herbs is parsley, chives, chervil and tarragon finely chopped and mixed in equal parts - use fresh or dried.
50 people made this
- 500g vermicelli pasta
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- green chilli sauce, to taste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon fines herbs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 500g large prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:25min
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until done. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over very low heat. Add Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauces to taste; mix well. Stir in lemon juice, herb mix, bay leaf and thyme. Keep warm, but do not simmer.
- Heat oil in large frying pan. Saute prawns in oil for 3 to 4 minutes, or just until prawns turn pink. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of liquid from frying pan. Remove and discard bay leaf. Add butter sauce, and stir well. Stir in parsley. Serve over pasta.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(40)
Reviews in English (25)
New to cooking but a big fan of prawns and pasta dishes (my limit before was tuna & pasta!), so tried this out.I must say it is excellent, so cheers for putting this up.Few tweaks I made - Couldn't find green chilli sauce so finely chopped some medium heat green chillis and used them instead. Couldn't find a bay-leaf either so cooked without.-10 Nov 2010
by Sheila T
I made the sauce, cooked the pasta and sauteed the shrimp but the sauce tasted so awful, I had my husband taste it. I figured it might be just me having a problem since all these good reviews were up but he agreed. This is horrible! Don't waste your time or precious ingredients.-16 Aug 2009
by Emily Tisdale
This recipe needs no alterations!!! Very good and extremely easy. The rich buttery sauce really enhances the natural flavor of the shrimp and the ease of preparation makes it one I'll make time and again!!! Kudos!!!-13 Oct 2007