- Dish type
- Lemon cheesecake
This basic cheesecake is creamier than most cheesecake recipes, and very simple to prepare. The lemon zest just lightens the flavour, without bringing a tart lemon flavour to the cheesecake.
254 people made this
- 1 (23cm) prepared digestive biscuit base
- 450g cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:25min ›Extra time:8hr chilling › Ready in:8hr40min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Beat softened cream cheese slightly. Add eggs, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest. Beat until light and fluffy. Pour mixture over base.
- Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 until firm, about 25 minutes. Let cheesecake cool then top with your favourite fruit compote or filling, if desired. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.
For more easy tips on how to make a perfect cheesecake, check out our Perfect cheesecake tips how-to guide.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(275)
Reviews in English (226)
can I use cottage cheese instead of cream cheese..-14 Feb 2013
Altered ingredient amounts.instead of cream cheese i use strained natural/greek yoghurt. Strain it overnight and throw away the wey(juice).-30 Jul 2010
Very easy and quick, I added lemon juice and lemon curd it was lovely-04 May 2011