- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
This crab quiche is easy to make and absolutely delicious, and a nice change from the ordinary quiche. Serve with a green salad for an elegant lunch or light summer supper in the garden.
84 people made this
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped red pepper
- 225g crab meat, flaked
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 125ml single cream
- 1 (23cm) pastry case, partially baked
- 60g grated Gruyere cheese
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Saute spring onion and red pepper until soft. Stir in crab meat, and season with salt and pepper. Add wine, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Whisk in cream and crab mixture. Pour into pastry case and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
To partially bake pastry case, bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(69)
Reviews in English (55)
The quiche turned out well, although I omitted the red pepper, and it required more baking time than stated. Everyone loved it! Would definitely make again.-26 Jun 2002
GREAT RECIPE!!! I accidentally left out the red pepper and liked it much better than with the pepper in it. I also subsituted sherry for the wine. I make a crustless version by using swiss cheese slices as the "crust" instead of putting shredded swiss on top. It is really good!-08 Jul 2004
by mr/mrs z
Delicious. I subbed sherry - didn't have an open bottle of white handy - and it came out great. I used baby Swiss for a milder flavor. I A little more work than "Crab Quiche I", also from this site, but worth it.-15 Sep 2003