- Dish type
- Seafood starters
These crab stuffed mushrooms are fantastically easy to make, and not laden with cheese as you find with a lot of other stuffed mushroom recipes. A simple but elegant canapé or nibble.
51 people made this
- 20 large fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 225g crab meat
- 175g breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:15min ›Extra time:20min marinating › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- In a shallow bowl, marinate mushrooms in Italian dressing for 20 minutes. Drain well.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine crab meat, 8 tablespoons of the breadcrumbs, eggs, mayonnaise, onions and lemon juice. Fill the mushroom caps with the mixture. Arrange the mushrooms on the prepared baking tray. Sprinkle with remaining breadcrumbs, or as desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(43)
Reviews in English (37)
I could hardly taste the crabmeat. It tasted mostly like breadcrumbs. I was suggest twice as much crabmeat and some other spices. It was just too bland. I think I will use a different recipe next time.-13 Jun 2002
by SHERRY V HOWELL
I did so many changes on this recipe I can't say it was good or not. I only added 1 egg. I added the stems sauted in butter. Also 1/2 tsp dry mustard, 1/2 tsp black pepper. added 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and parsley for color.-04 Mar 2002