- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of pork
- Pork chop
This is an easy peasy recipe that benefits from loads of flavour. For something even more aromatic, toast and grind the spices yourself.
187 people made this
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless pork loin chops
- ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:15min
- Mix the salt, cumin, coriander, garlic and 1 tablespoon olive oil to form a paste. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, and rub with the paste.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and cook the pork chops about 5 minutes on each side, to an internal temperature of 70 degrees C.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(203)
Reviews in English (148)
I used rapeseed oil, other than that I didn't change anything. Very easy and extremely tasty way of cooking pork chops. I have tried the same coating on chicken legs and this is very tasty too-24 Nov 2013
I love the combination of the spices the only thing I did different was omited the salt and marinated the chops overnight and then seasoned them before cooking; as the salt tends to draw out the moisture if you salt them overnight and they become dry.-12 Jan 2007
I knew I would love these chops, I just love coriander and cumin! I was concerned it would be too flavourful for my children...but they LOVED it too! I prepared them exactly as directed, even though I am leary of pan frying meat. Next time I may try it on the bbq. I wonder how this would work on a tenderloin...maybe I'll try that too! Thanks Darla!-10 Jun 2005