- Oily fish
This is a delicious salmon recipe that is dead easy to prepare.
53 people made this
- 4 large oranges
- 8 (110g) fillets salmon
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 8 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:16min ›Ready in:26min
- Preheat the oven's grill.
- Slice, peel and pith oranges; slice crossways into 6mm rounds. Season fillets with salt. Place salmon fillets on grill pan.
- Place the pan of fillets about 10cm from heat. Cook for 15 minutes under the preheated grill, or 10 minutes per 2.5cm of thickness. Remove from grill just before they are cooked through. Sprinkle with vinegar. Arrange orange rounds on top. Sprinkle with spring onions and cracked black pepper. Grill 1 minute longer.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(52)
Reviews in English (33)
Fairly straight on descent and approach. Nothing hard about this one, however, 2 teaspoons of cracked pepper?? Uhm, perhaps, just let the eater add their own? This works well, and what worked even better (the 2nd batch) was to mix lemon with the orange juice, let stand 15 minutes and then broil. Its a grand recipe and its a terrific starter recipe for the up and coming chef in your family.Cheers!CM-18 Nov 2004
Very good with a mild flavor. I usually bake salmon and this was the first time I tried broiling it. I did turn the filet over once while broiling because it seemed like it was taking longer to cook through. Easy and enjoyable. I would make this for people trying salmon for the first time.-20 Jan 2002
I overall liked this recipe. I have never cooked salmon before, and this was a pretty good recipe to start with. I used lemon instead of oranges, because thats what I had on hand and I LOVE lemons anyway, and it turned out great. Dont skip on the vinigar or green onions, they added a great flavor!-06 Dec 2006