- Dish type
- Bread machine
This bread is like a giant cinnamon roll! The bread is baked in the oven, but the bread machine is used to make the preparation easy. Top with a simple runny icing if you prefer a sweeter treat!
144 people made this
- 350ml warm water
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 550g bread flour
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried active baking yeast
- 170g raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:40min ›Extra time:1hr rising › Ready in:1hr50min
- Place water, milk, margarine, salt, flour, sugar and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select cycle; press Start.
- If your machine has a Fruit setting, add the raisins at the signal, or about 5 minutes before the kneading cycle has finished.
- Take dough out after first kneading cycle has finished. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out into a rectangle. Spread dough with butter, dark brown soft sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough, and divide into two parts. Place loaves in two lightly greased 450g loaf tins. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Brush tops of risen loaves with melted butter and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until crust is brown and loaves sound hollow when tapped.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(158)
Reviews in English (139)
Tried this recipe and was brilliant. I used dried milk instead of liquid and it was moist and delicious.-23 Oct 2011
Absolutely yummy, thank you.-30 Oct 2015
Lovely and moist loaf. I used margarine instead of butter and sultanas instead of raisins - and it was delicious.-15 Mar 2013