- Dish type
Churros are the epitome of sweet street food treats. Make these and serve with melted chocolate for dipping, and you've got a cheap and delicious way to end a Spanish or Mexican feast.
2316 people made this
- 250ml water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 125g plain flour
- 2 litres oil for frying
- 100g caster sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:20min
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring to the boil and remove from heat. Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or deep frying pan to 190 C. Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag. Fry until golden; drain on kitchen paper.
- Combine 100g sugar and cinnamon. Roll warm churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(734)
Reviews in English (561)
straight forward, a winner at all times. Perfect breakfast with the right chocolate dip sauce.-17 May 2013
Easy to make and ready in minutes!Made for my niece and nephew and they absolutely loved them. Thank you-24 Dec 2013
such an easy and delicious recipe that even my 4 year old knows how to make it ....Superb !!!!!-09 Feb 2015