- Dish type
- Frozen desserts
- Ice cream
- Chocolate ice cream
Just because dairy is off limits doesn't mean one can't enjoy luscious ice cream! This is a fab dairy-free ice cream recipe and is so simple to make, too. Good vegan ice creams are hard to come by, but this is a real treat.
13 people made this
- 1/2 (349g) pack silken tofu
- 225ml soya milk
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut flavoured syrup
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g plain chocolate, melted
MethodPrep:20min ›Extra time:4hr freezing › Ready in:4hr20min
- Place the tofu, soya milk, hazelnut syrup, espresso powder and vanilla extract into a blender. Cover, and puree until smooth. Pour in the melted chocolate, and puree until evenly incorporated. Pour the mixture into a bowl, cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour.
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Once the ice cream has thickened and is hard to stir, remove it from the ice cream maker and transfer it to a freezer container. Allow the ice cream to harden 4 hours to overnight before serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(8)
Reviews in English (7)
Ann - I'd add some alcohol - something like Benedictine - about a tbs. Booze keeps your icecream smooth and accessible without an ice pick!-27 Jul 2015
Ann, would you clarify if you mean an ice maker or an ice cream freezer? If using an ice cream freezer, it should shut down once it has completed its task, then you may place the ice cream (dairy or otherwise) in an airtight container in the freezer to ripen. If the ice cream is quite soupy after a half hour of churning, you may need to correct your ice::salt ratio, or if using the type of machine you freeze before hand, you may need to have it in the freezer 24 hrs and be sure the ingredients have chilled several hrs before using. If you are doing all these things, you may need to stir the finished product every 20 minutes while ripening.-11 Jun 2013
Help I have just bought an ice maker . How do I get my non dairy ice cream to stay creamy when I put it in the freezer it sets solid , or is this normal Ann-05 Jun 2013