- Dish type
- Chocolate pudding
These little molten chocolate puddings are absolutely gorgeous, and require just 5 ingredients to reach the pinnacle of chocolate perfection. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
16 people made this
- 170g plain chocolate, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
- Butter six ramekins. Melt chocolate and butter slowly: You can do this in a double boiler over simmering water, or in the microwave, stirring at 30 second intervals to prevent scorching. Stir until completely smooth.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer until frothy, about 5 to 6 minutes. Stir vanilla and salt gently into beaten eggs. Fold half of egg mixture into chocolate mixture, mix well. Then fold remainder of egg mixture into chocolate mixture. Pour chocolate and egg mixture into prepared ramekins.
- Line a roasting tin with a damp kitchen towel. Place ramekins on towel, inside roasting tin. Butter a piece of foil big enough to cover entire tin, and cover the ramekins, buttered side down. Place roasting tin on oven rack. Fill roasting tin with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake 5 minutes, then remove foil and bake 10 minutes more. Remove ramekins from water carefully. Let cool on wire rack for at least 3 hours. Cakes will firm up as they cool. Unmould each room-temperature ramekin onto a dessert plate, garnish and serve. Refrigerate unused portions.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(15)
Reviews in English (11)
This was a lovely dessert that my dinner guests really enjoyed. I was a little nervous about getting them out of the ramekins but they slid out no problem. They did seem a bit on the small side but they are so rich that they proved to be the perfect size. I garnished with strawberries and whipped cream and they looked very pretty when I served them. Thanks.-25 Feb 2007
This is my first time ever writing a review but this recipe deserves it! The modification I made was to use dark chocolate chips and simply melted them in the hot butter over low heat on the stove top. I also put these in cupcake papers and baked them in a cupcake tin rather than ramikins still baking them in a water bath. They turned out perfectly!!-17 Jan 2011