- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
- Breaded chicken breasts
Chicken is marinated in a chilli, lime and lemon grass mixture before it's coated with sesame breadcrumbs and baked. The Thai flavours work well if you want chicken for an Asian-inspired crisp green salad - a perfect light lunch or summer supper.
34 people made this
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 lemon grass stalk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 10 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 60g (2 oz) dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- In a food processor, combine chillies, spring onions, lime zest and juice, half of the coriander, fish sauce, lemon grass, salt, sugar and mustard. Blend until smooth. Place chicken in a bowl with blended ingredients. Chill in the fridge for 1 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, remaining coriander, Parmesan, sesame seeds and salt and pepper to taste. Remove chicken from marinade (disposing of any remaining marinade) and dredge in breadcrumb mixture until well coated on both sides.
- Place coated chicken in a lightly greased baking dish (if desired, drizzle with olive oil on top for a crisp finish) and bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
This is such a versatile recipe. You can cut the chicken into strips and serve with sweet chilli sauce for a starter. And either in strips or whole, it's perfect for an Asian-inspired green salad. Leftovers are scrumptious inside a wrap with crisp lettuce and bean sprouts.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(33)
Reviews in English (23)
Really tasty. Sliced the chicken into strips before marinating it for 24 hours. Lovely Thai tang to it. Omitted the sesame seeds (as didn't have any) and reduced the mustard as I'm not keen on it. Served with a salad. Will definitely make again.-06 Jul 2016
It's a refreshing new taste that I hadn't had before; I thought I'd try it out, and well, my rating says it all ) This one is a keeper. The easiness rating is 3 coz you need a blender to make the marinade, but apart from that - superb!-09 Jan 2002