- Dish type
- Cakes with fruit
- Mango cake
Mango is so underused in cakes and muffins. Why not try it in this luscious, moist tea time cake? It infuses any occasion with a bit of tropical flavour and is a nice change from the norm.
287 people made this
- 250g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 175ml vegetable oil
- 400g mangoes, peeled, stones removed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons sultanas or raisins
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr20min
- Combine all of the dry ingredients. Beat eggs with oil and add to flour mixture. Add mangoes, lemon and raisins.
- Pour into 2 greased 450g loaf tins. Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 (170 C / Gas 3 for glass dishes) for about 60 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(100)
Reviews in English (83)
I have never heard of cooking this kind of cake for 60 minutes. Turned out incredibly dry.-15 Sep 2013
The mixture was very thick but it cooked beautifully. I baked it in a large loaf pan for one hour and substituted cranberries and coconut chips for raisins. Delicious, easy and quick. Great recipe.-21 Mar 2013
Tried this recipe out. Mango was really sweet i therefore used only 180g of sugar n replaced with part of the flour used to 100g of Almondmeal Instead. And i used Cake flour instead of Plain flour. The cake was absolutely moist n scrumptious so much so tt everyone tasted the cake, loved it. And oh🤔 I also replaced oil with butter👌Yummz😋n thank you for sharing the recipe🙋⚘👌Ps~ Tried to post a photo of my cake but can't seem to get thro😔-14 Apr 2018