- Oily fish
You'll love the flavour of the Chinese ingredients that infuses this superbly salmon dish. Steaming fish is so healthy - we should do it more often! Serve with steamed rice and stir-fried veg.
32 people made this
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon julienned fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Chinese black bean and garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 125ml chicken stock
- 4 (110g) fillets salmon
- salt and pepper to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Begin heating water in the bottom of steamer.
- Heat olive oil and sesame oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute garlic and ginger for 1 minute. Stir in black bean sauce and red chilli flakes. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in chicken stock; set aside.
- Rinse salmon, and pat dry. Season each side lightly with salt and pepper. Place in a small shallow pan. Spoon black bean mixture over salmon. Place in steamer over boiling water.
- Steam for 10 to 12 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(22)
Reviews in English (13)
I liked this recipe. Subtle flavors were interesting. However, I may poach the fish in a pan with the ingredients next time, rather than stea I think more of these unique flavors will be in each bite....-25 Apr 2003
My husband loved this recipe! He has never liked salmon until he tried this one. I did not steam the salmon, but baked it instead.-29 Apr 2003
This recipe works best if it's put into pan without holes and allowed to poach in the juices. The fish absorbs all of the wonderful flavors and you can ladle the sauce over white rice. YUMMY!-02 May 2008