- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
- Pan fried chicken breasts
This chicken perkelt recipe is an Eastern European favourite. It's fantastically simple to make and your family will love it. My husband asks for this at least once a week.
56 people made this
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 (300g) tin mushrooms, with liquid
- 3 tablespoons soured cream
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:25min
- In a large frying pan over heat, heat oil and add chicken and onion. Season with stock cubes, paprika and salt and pepper to taste. When chicken is almost cooked through, stir in the mushrooms. Cover the frying pan and cook for 5 more minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the chicken juices run clear.
- When chicken is done, stir in the soured cream and turn off the heat. Serve hot over rice or pasta.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(54)
Reviews in English (45)
I loved the results that I got - but I did substantial tinkering! I used fresh mushrooms instead of canned, and instead of mushroom-juice and chicken boullion cubes, I used two cups of strong, homemade chicken stock, and thickened it just a touch. I also used sharp paprika instead of mild, and increased it to about three tablespoons. I used eight boneless chicken thighs. Plenty of gravy for mixing with the rice. Rave reviews. I definitely will make this again!-12 Apr 2002
I was raised on this chicken recipee, although slightly different...try adding a sweet juicy tomato and some chunks of green pepper for even more flavour, omit the sour cream and cook till sauce is reduced and thickened...and only use Hungarian paprika, makes a world of difference. This dish can also be made with stewing beef or pork. YUM!!!-28 Jul 2005
With the changes I made, it will definitely be repeated over and over. I seasoned the chicken thighs (all I had) with garlic powder, adobo and pepper. I also added about 1/2 cup of white wine and used fresh mushrooms. Other than these changes I followed the recipe exactly and it was delicious! Thanks for sharing!!-05 Apr 2006