- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
- Stuffed chicken breasts
This chicken recipe is full of flavour. Inside each breast you'll find tender asparagus and melted cheese, while the breadcrumb coating lends a lovely crunch. Quick and easy to prepare, the presentation is simple yet elegant.
653 people made this
- 8 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 4 slices provolone, Caciocavallo or mozzarella cheese
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
MethodPrep:25min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:55min
- Preheat oven to 240 C / Gas 9. Grease a baking dish. In a bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, tarragon, salt and pepper until the mixture is well combined. Set aside.
- Cook asparagus in the microwave on High until bright green and just tender, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Set the asparagus spears aside. Place a chicken breast between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the chicken breast with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of about 6mm. Repeat with the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on each chicken breast, and top the cheese with 4 asparagus spears per breast. Roll the chicken breasts around the asparagus and cheese, making a tidy parcel, and place, seam sides down, in the prepared baking dish. With a pastry brush, apply a coating of the mayonnaise mixture to each chicken breast, and sprinkle each with panko crumbs, pressing the crumbs into the chicken to make a coating.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crumbs are browned and the chicken juices run clear, about 25 minutes.
Panko breadcrumbs are Japanese breadcrumbs that lend an especially light and crisp texture to dishes. They're available in specialty shops and some larger supermarkets.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(856)
Reviews in English (647)
Used different ingredients.i tried this excellent recipe with garlic and herb philladelphia light.-05 Feb 2011
I loved it!! Absolutely wonderful!! And you know ICompletely disagree with the person before meWho doesn't like hearing how people tweaked theRecipe!! Before I make any recipe anymore I go through the reviews and it's so helpful to see what ideas people had. I think part of being a good cook is not always following the recipe as written but adding your own ideas and tastes to it!!-05 Apr 2012
You get alot of "Wow" factor for a pretty simple dish to make. I'd recommend putting some of the sauce in the middle of the roll up for more flavor.-23 Mar 2010