- Pasta types
- Macaroni cheese
This simple midweek recipe calls for pasta mixed with shop-bought cheese sauce and baked salmon. Children especially love this dish, which is reminiscent of macaroni cheese.
53 people made this
- 1 (500g) tub fresh cheese sauce
- 450g salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 (500g) packet uncooked fusilli pasta
- 170g grated Parmesan cheese
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:30min ›Extra time:45min › Ready in:1hr30min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Heat cheese sauce in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Place salmon in a baking dish. Mix the lemon juice and vinegar in a small bowl, and pour over the salmon. Season with basil and parsley.
- Bake salmon 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until easily flaked with a fork. Remove from heat, and break into bite sized pieces.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add pasta, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, and place in a large bowl.
- Gently toss the salmon, pasta and cheese sauce together in the large bowl. Serve with the Parmesan cheese.
Use your favourite shop-bought pasta sauce for this recipe - it could be a four cheese sauce, carbonara sauce, etc. Anything creamy and cheesy works a treat!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(58)
Reviews in English (38)
Had Salmon & Monkfish, made own cheese sauce with goats cheese, as we cannot have cows milk. Worked just as well will be keeping it as a dinner time standby as it can be made from cupboard contents.-25 Mar 2014
Just fabulous! The only change I made was to use white wine instead of vinegar when cooking the salmon. I've made it several times already and will make it many more!-13 Oct 2002
Wow, this was so good. I used the "famous restaurant alfredo sauce" recipe in place of the canned sauce. I also didn't toss it with the parmesan cheese.Will use this recipe again and again. Thinking about replacing the salmon with shrimp and scallops next time.Thanks!-09 Feb 2006