- Dish type
- Bread for special diets
Semolina gives this pizza base more stability and a crispy, chewy texture when cooked.
184 people made this
- 300ml (1/2 pint) warm water (45 C)
- 250g (9 oz) plain flour
- 175g (6 oz) semolina
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dessertspoon olive oil
- 1 dessertspoon dried active baking yeast
MethodPrep:2min ›Ready in:2min
- Place all ingredients in the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle.
- Remove after rise cycle and use with your favourite pizza recipe.
Bread machine pizza base
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(158)
Reviews in English (124)
Something else.this was a great crust! the semolina makes a huge difference. I baked it at 200, and it was great. next time I will try 220, I like it browned. I dont have a bread machine and it turned out awesome. I froze the remaining dough and made calzones which were even better than the pizza. Ive already shared this recipe...thanks!!-14 Jul 2008
Altered ingredient amounts.never used semolina in a recipe before but this made the pizza very golden and crusty-01 Sep 2008
Just made this for the childrens lunch - easy to do and made plenty of dough. The base once cooked was crunchy and not too thick. A definate hit!-15 Feb 2010