- Pasta types
Serve this quick and easy pasta sauce with ravioli, tortellini or your favourite pasta for a fabulous midweek supper. A green salad and good quality, crusty bread makes the meal complete.
262 people made this
- 1 (500g) packet fresh cheese ravioli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 450g plum tomatoes - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2/3 (280g) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:5min ›Ready in:25min
- Cook ravioli according to packet directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce: In a large nonstick frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over a medium high flame. Add tomatoes, artichokes, spring onions, garlic and salt and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are warmed through. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta well. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon oil. Add half of the sauce to the ravioli; toss gently but thoroughly to mix. Transfer ravioli to a large serving platter. Pour remaining vegetable sauce over ravioli. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(273)
Reviews in English (200)
This was a really good dinner. My husband and Father-in-Law loved the sauce! I used two cans Italian style, diced and peeled tomatoes (undrained) in place of the Romas, and two jars of artichoke hearts because we love them. I also added the liquid from both jars, but next time I will drain the second jar into the sink -- the sauce was just a little too "marinade-y". I used slightly more garlic than called for, but other than that exactly as written. Served over fresh cheese ravioli with sourdough bread on the side --- WONDERFUL!!! And oh so simple!!-05 Mar 2003
One of my favorite quick lunches with friends. I use canned Italian tomatoes with basil and four cheese ravioli. And the oil at the end is essential for keeping the pasta from sticking together. I also saute the garlic in the oil for about a minute before I add the other ingredients. I don't add the marinade from the artichokes.-28 Dec 2005