- Oily fish
This barbecue salmon recipe is best prepared over a charcoal BBQ, but in bad weather the grill will do. The secret is in the marinade.
135 people made this
- 225ml soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 900g salmon steaks
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, for garnish
- 4 slices lemon, for garnish
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:10min ›Extra time:2hr marinating › Ready in:2hr15min
- Combine soy sauce, red wine, ginger and black pepper in a large, resealable plastic bag. Seal, and shake vigourously to mix ingredients. Add salmon steaks, squeeze out excess air and seal. Refrigerate, turning frequently to keep all sides in contact with the liquid, for no less than 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor barbecue for medium high heat.
- Cook on a hot barbecue for about 5 minutes per side, basting freely with extra marinade. Serve with parsley garnish and lemon slices.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(132)
Reviews in English (88)
by CHI BA
What a simple and tasty way to make salmon! I used 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1 tbs brown sugar, and 1 clove chopped garlic, as suggested by others, and used white wine since I had no red wine on hand, and cooked the salmon on the George Foreman grill in 10 minutes. This was so easy and tasty that I made it again the next day, and since I was coming home from work and the gym, I needed a quick and healthy dinner, so I seasoned the salmon in a bowl, using pre-minced garlic out of a jar, and didn't bother marinating the salmon for hours, but just put the salmon in aluminum foil and spooned some of the marinade on top, closed the foil and put it in the oven 20 min at 350 degrees. Made instant brown rice which I cooked with frozen veggies for a side dish...very little mess to clean up...same great taste. This is a keeper. THANKS!-12 Sep 2002
This was pretty good. I cooked it for my fiance and we both loved it. We are salmon lovers, but are very particular about it. And we enjoyed this meal very much. As per previous reviews, these are the changes I made. I decreased the soy sauce and increased the red wine both to 1/2 cup. I also added 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.I did not have an outdoor grill, so I used my oven broiler. Turned out perfect.-16 Sep 2002