- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
This is an easy and unique side dish of steamed cauliflower and kale with a gorgeous mustardy dressing. You can use rocket or any other cooking green if kale is not available -- just be sure to adjust cooking time accordingly.
20 people made this
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- 1L water
- 1 cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:7min ›Ready in:22min
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mustard, lemon zest and lemon juice. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly. Mix in currants. Set aside.
- Boil water in a medium saucepan fitted with a steamer rack. Steam cauliflower 4 minutes, until just tender. Drain cauliflower and transfer to bowl with the dressing. Remove steamer rack from saucepan. Place kale in the boiling water and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until just tender. Drain kale well and transfer to bowl.
- Toss cauliflower and kale with the dressing to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(21)
Reviews in English (19)
This is a really yummy recipe, and easier than it sounds. The dressing really makes it perfect. I've made it twice, and was out of dijon the first time, so I added some molasses to regular mustard. I also substitute broccoli for cauliflower, as I'm not a big fan of cauliflower. I steamed both the kale and the broccoli, rather than boiling them. This is an excellent way to cook kale, and great as leftovers too! Enjoy!-12 Mar 2006
This was great! I used broccoli instead of cauliflower and raisins instead of currants, and it tasted wonderfully unique. I also added a little bit of red bell pepper for color, and I made much more of the dressing than the recipe called for. Try serving over quinoa! Excellent!-26 Mar 2008
A good recipe but not one of the best. Needed a lot more of the sauce. I ended up adding more lemon juice and olive oil in the end. We all enjoyed it served over rice as a main dish -- I just wanted more flavor.-27 Mar 2006