- Baked fish
This fish is baked with a polenta crust and sprinkled with crushed pecans. Simple but delicious!
46 people made this
- 8 tablespoons polenta (cornmeal)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1kg whitefish fillets, such as mahi-mahi or cod
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 60g pecans, finely crushed
- 5 wedges lemon, for garnish
- 5 sprigs fresh parsley, for garnish
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 260 C / Gas 9.
- In a large bowl, mix the polenta, salt and pepper. Dip the fish in the polenta mixture; coating well.
- Place fish on a flat, greased baking tray. Pour the oil over the fish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with pecans towards the end of the cooking period.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs to serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(45)
Reviews in English (36)
My husband loved this recipe...and it was so easy! I took other reviewers' advice and decided to spice things up a bit. I added 1 tsp of cajun seasoning, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes and a dash of cayenne. It had just the right kick.-12 Mar 2003
We modified this recipe from the getgo as we are on a low-carb diet - but we just LOVE it. Instead of 1/2 cup cornmeal, I use 1/4 cup Keto crumbs, 2 tbs cornmeal, and 2 tbs seasoned bread crumbs. I also use a tiny bit less salt and use olive oil instead of regular vegetable oil. It's definitely one of our favorite recipes. It's simple and quick to make and looks very elegant and it's easy to make in quantity so it's just as great to serve for company as to make for just the family. Yummy!-25 Feb 2004