- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
All of the goodness of carrot cake in a compact cookie. These have it all with pineapple, cinnamon and walnuts.
96 people made this
- 110g butter, softened
- 220g dark brown soft sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (220g) tin pineapple, drained and pureed
- 80g grated carrots
- 150g sultanas or raisins
- 250g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 120g chopped walnuts
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease baking trays or line with parchment.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and dark brown soft sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, stir in the crushed pineapple, carrots and raisins. Combine the flour, baking powder, bicarb, salt and cinnamon; stir into the carrot mixture. Mix in the walnuts if desired. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared trays.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottoms begin to brown and cookies are set. Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes on the trays before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Make perfect cookies every time with our How to make cookies guide!
Watch our video how easy it is to make your own delicious carrot cake. Watch now!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(101)
Reviews in English (81)
EXCELLENT!!! I had some leftover cream cheese II frosting (from this site) and wanted to use it up and didn't have enough to frost a cake. These are just wonderful. I thought 2 tablespoons of cinnamon was a misprint but it is not. I also added 1/2 tsp. allspice. did cut down on the nuts and raisins to 2/3 cup each and it was plenty. They bake up beautifully and taste so nice. Very pretty too. With the creamcheese frosting, they are ever so wonderful. **3/4 cup shredded carrot=2 smaller size carrots. Can't wait to give these away.-27 Feb 2006
To echo everyone else, these are delicious! I am vegan, so I replaced half the butter with Earth Balance (vegan butter made with healthy oils) & the other half with unsweetened applesauce to cut the fat. Used 4 Tbsp. ground flaxseed mixed with the liquid from the crushed pineapple to stand in for eggs. This added fiber & heart-healthy fats, as well! I also made just a couple changes to suit my tastes & to make them slightly healthier. Used 3/4 c. evaporated cane juice + 1 Tbsp. molasses instead of brown sugar. Threw in some nutmeg, ginger, allspice & cloves to add more spice. Topped with a lemon vegan cream cheese frosting & this complemented the cookie flavor very well! Perfectly chewy & cakey, and a really convenient way to eat carrot cake. I can't wait to share these!-31 Mar 2008
This is a great recipe! The cookies are better a day after. I added an extra tbsp of cinnamon, more carrots and cream cheese icing with cinnomon spinkled on top! My co-workers loved them!-25 Jan 2006